ROOF CLADDING

SMurF

Question

8 answers to this question

depends on what your after effect wise smurf?i would think corrugated would be a bugger,but the box style should be possible if you heat the sheet with a hair drier or paint striper,and press it down over a  mould,,but might be even easier to just buy the pre-formed sheets,i use 4d models 3mm spaced corrugated and its great

I use ema for bought stuff but after getting free sheets  fancied having a go at it myself

pluss it costs a small fortune to clad a scale building of 60x120ft barn :)

have thought about making male and female moulds and heating it up in an oven and pressing the moulds together

thats probally your best option,you could make a mould out of the heat resistant compounds you can get arround today,but would you be able to find a clamp to take the heat when you press the moulds together,i would think the plastic would cool very quickley out of the oven

you can only try mate,thats the only way to find out really,not sure if mdf would work though it gives of loads of c**p when you work it,and i'm not so sure it may be toxic to some degree when burnt,i know they seperate it at the local tip,for some reason,but a bit of pine would ,you can get that in thin enough sheets nowadays

woodwork is no prob  dads got a workshop that makes Tim the tool man Taylor look an amateur : ;)

been working with mdf for years    the problem with it is the dust it produces    not very nice stuff