JCB to launch a 260hp monster tractor

Udimore

Strangely the JCB website seems a little confused. I was on it yesterday with my son - he likes JCB Junior - and we were looking at the 8250 page. It appears that yes, the 8250 is 260 hp but there are photographs of it in both Fastrac layout and 'proper tractor' format.

I thought the 7000 series was to be the new 'proper tractor', but Siku are launching a model of this new tractor style machine later this year, and they have it billed as an 8250 too.

Someone, somewhere, is thoroughly confused. Surely JCB won't be running two models with the same designation and power but different layouts? Even they're not that crackpot?!

Oh yes its a proper tractor not a fastrac  ;)

Big Cummins engine of course

It's the same one that Siku have modelled their new release on for later this year.... there are some pictures on here of one being tested on a farm in Germany I believe... also seen at Agritechnia and I seem to think a a member on here has posted pictures of it being tested at the farm he works at recently...... certainly old news anyway.  :)

What have i seen in the insides of the fendts and what i have been told from fendt mechanics that fendt are all deutz inside the whole engine is and the gearbox is deutz fahr as well even on the fendt brochures i have it says in the engine catergory deutz

What have i seen in the insides of the fendts and what i have been told from fendt mechanics that fendt are all deutz inside the whole engine is and the gearbox is deutz fahr as well even on the fendt brochures i have it says in the engine catergory deutz

Only the engine in some fendts is deutz eg my 818 etc whereas bigger 930 etc use Man engines.  The gearbox etc the lot is made by fendt themselves as proved as deutz use a ZF gearbox etc why use that if they made one the best gearboxes known in the tractor world.... Whoever told you deutz made all the insides of fendts was talking rubbish ;)

So they are pulling the tradional Fastrac format on the flagship?

The equal wheel [ish - unequal tyre!] one is obviously still available as that is the variant mainly featured on the site. The new style machine only appears once.

So, to clear this up [i would have thought our mates in Rocester should be doing this rather than leaving us to work it out but... ::)] the original layout is to be dropped from the 260hp flagship 8250. This is being replaced [not done yet or it surely would be off the website?] with the new 'tradional' tractor layout on the 7000 range and the flagship 8250 model. The 2000 and 3000 ranges are to remain as is with the exposed rear load platform.

Why oh why use the same model number though?! Wouldn't 8260 or even 7250 have made more sense? In fact, when the story first came about I seem to recall the 7250 was going to be be the range topper.... I am still confused  :D :D

Looking at the pictures it looks like it is still the same machine, [possibly shorter though  ??? ] just re-styled to match the 7000 range. The 7000's are true unequal wheeled machines while the 8000 still runs 38's front and rear, albeit with mixed tyre sizes. Which just seems a really odd move to make....

Oh yes Mark, I totally agree and you're bang on. I used to haul machinery around with Redrock and Chieftain low loaders behind and 1115, 1135 or 185 and the rear platform was hopeless, all I ever used it for was tossing straps in, but the trailers had lockers so even that wasn't really necessary.

The smaller machines are great for de-mount sprayers and spreaders, but most people who run them still mount on the 3pl anyway! There are quite a few UK based sprayer mfr's catering for them but many owners just use them as a normal tractor. Our neighbour has a 185. And they just bought an old SP sprayer rather than a demount for the Fastrac!

The only thing I can think of on an 8250 sort of size machine would be a proper swan neck trailer / 5th wheel arrangement for bulk grain / roots w.h.y, but no one actually produces anything like that so it really is a pretty obsolete feature.

What I find odd is that JCB are showing off 2 different machines on 1 page of their website with the same model designation!! At least add a 5 to the end or something!

Numpty for JCB I reckon..... :D