New JD 8330 goes in for surgery

Ive listed its good & bad parts on the Britains section so I will just review whats got to go ;D

Firstly the rear wheel track is daft (see below) Ive never seen an 8000series with that setting so I will be adjusting it!

i took the spacers off but found the wheels rub

Yes Ertl in there wisdom have changed the under mudguard set up they have  with the 7830 tractor which allows for wheels too fit correctly, therefore the track will have to be set a little wide just enough too stop rubbing :(

Why cant they just leave things alone >:(  the cab wont come off unless you undo a few screws!!  The 7830 design was just fine as it was >:(

Anyway heres a slightly out of focus picture of the 8330 without wheels, beacon & sawn off linkage :D

Yes Ertl in there wisdom have changed the under mudguard set up they have  with the 7830 tractor which allows for wheels too fit correctly, therefore the track will have to be set a little wide just enough too stop rubbing :(

Why cant they just leave things alone >:(  the cab wont come off unless you undo a few screws!!  The 7830 design was just fine as it was >:(

Anyway heres a slightly out of focus picture of the 8330 without wheels, beacon & sawn off linkage :D

Can it not be 'fettled' to bring it back in line with the 7000 shape?

Well ive been busy today with my conversion so I thought Id bring you lot uptodate :)

First job was too find a suitable pair of front wheels & tyres.  I had a rummage in the spares box & decided to rob the ones of an CLAAS Axion850.

I had to drill out hole to 4.5mm, do a bit of cutting, packed out behind hub cap with a washer or to but its not too bad!

My next concern is the front weight & too get this right I firstly hacked off the support bar from an unwanted JD 8430T tracked machine :-\  I dont much like the old style weights that the tracked machine has so they got removed too.  I had previously modified the ridicuously large front weight from sikus 6920 farmer special & Ive cut a groove in it too look like real thing (i hope)

As you can see ive drilled holes in tractor front & in support bars, & here i have roughly fixed it altogether.

Tommorrow Im going to try & glue or weld this lot & then I can start thinking about the lights & the beacon & finally all the painting!

Im planning on pairing this rig with the Lemken 9 furrow plough for on land work ,but firstly it will see the summer out on a big CLAAS baler :)  I reckon 280hp is ideally suited too nine furrows & just about enough too hike the big baler about ;D

So far about 7 or 8 hours however ive done a few other conversions so Im quite quick!  The secret is too keep things simple, the best convos for me only require about 30% of the model to be changed ;) 

Scratch builds are a nono for me as few if any ever look any good imo.

Hi guys,

Ive spent 2 or 3 hours on the model today & started by soldering the weight support bar together (with mixed results) and then glued it with araldite too front of tractor with the two copper wire  drilled in for extra strength