New JD 8330 goes in for surgery

Lastly for today I got my can of JD paint out & painted the whole front weight assembly (perfect colour match with Britains but not with Siku for some reason >:()

I also got the first of three coats of yellow paint (Revell Lemon gloss) onto the rear wheels :) & now shes starting to take shape ;)

nice

2 questions

1 will there not still be play in the front axle like you get with the britians weels or will you sort it?

2 what wheels are you using? are they the siku fendt ones?

looking good there mate thats a perfect match for what i want

might have t pinch this idea when your finished that ok?

nice

2 questions

1 will there not still be play in the front axle like you get with the britians weels or will you sort it?

2 what wheels are you using? are they the siku fendt ones?

looking good there mate thats a perfect match for what i want

might have t pinch this idea when your finished that ok?

it cleerly says fendt 930 in the below quote but the front ones are off siku claas axion

Now onto the back tyres.  I decided to try a few different types but chose ones donated from an Fendt 930 ;)  and they are 99% right!  I also removed spacers from axle &cut  around 10mm of it too achieve tightest possible track.

looks great well done

That is a very nice project you are working on there!!

One thing though: Should you be the first to actually 'correct' the position of the front fenders?

I really dig these 8030 series tractors from ERTL, amazing attention to the detail. But I really don't get why they mounted the fenders so much 'over' the frontwheels.... ??

Am I crazy or did I have something right here?

???;D;)

Keep up the great work!

Anders

in reguards to the mudguards

ive looked at sum pics of 8030 series jd's and i can tell you that if you look at the front left weel the mud guard is at the 12 o'clock pisision and goes to the 3 o'clock position.

kope that helps

Hi Guys , a couple more updates today.

Ive painted both sets of wheels again but will have too wait for hubcaps too dry before I can fit them & photograph.  In the meantime I removed Britains beacon stalk & replaced it with a cut piece of paperclip,and fitted my beacon to it then drilled hole in remaining plastic & glued it in place.

I also fitted a light support frame over the front weight as per the real thing :)

I think its looking very good now but too finish off I will need to do the final touches including painting the beacon stalk black & wheel nuts & axlebar silver, plus anything else that Im not happy with ;)

As for front mudguards they do seem high on std front tyres but the big CLAAS tyres sit quite nicely underneath. These wheels were drilled out too fit over the britains existing shafts & then the screws lock them in place. Its not ideal but its good enough :)

That has come out really well now bluegreen and I do like the lights above the f/weight.

Yours looks like how it should of come off the production line and shows that a few detailed mods can bring a model up to scratch :)