Case IH 2294 (Ertl) 1/32

Having bought an Ertl 2294 in mint condition; I was rather surprised but not disappointed to find that it didn't have three point linkage fitted, and appears never to have been. There are no marks or holes on the back and I rather suspect it may be a US spec tractor as it has an SMV triangle on the back. The drawbar is the flat type with the large hole in it.

I had a look on E Bay to see what they were worth as I only paid two quid for mine, and the one shown was fitted with the hideous prolapsed protuberance known as three point linkage. It would be nice to fit a realistic and usable three point linkage but really the tractor is in too nice a condition to start messing around with it.

Would I be correct in thinking that the three point linkage is omitted for safety reasons, bearing in mind the nature of the "Compensation culture" of some countries, and would this tractor be sold in this fashion in any other markets.

I look forward to hearing your comments, and hope that someone is an expert on these.

Many thanks, Will.

They come with and without three point, not worth a great deal off money, unless you found a wite one with duals.

The red ones with front wheel assist are not hard to find at all, the ones that did come with threepoint hitch have the same style hitch as found on the ertl maxxum and some off the john deeres, useless and crude.

Erik.

They come with and without three point, not worth a great deal off money, unless you found a wite one with duals.

The red ones with front wheel assist are not hard to find at all, the ones that did come with threepoint hitch have the same style hitch as found on the ertl maxxum and some off the john deeres, useless and crude.

Erik.

Thanks for the reply and replies from you all. I'm honestly not bothered by its value, and only looked out of curiosity. To me it's a piece of history, a nice looking tractor, and a nicely made one too. It is certainly old enough to warrant a place in my collection and in my eyes is one of the eighties desirable classics, that will remain with me indefinitely. I'm pleased to have bought it cheaply too. Obviously it was unboxed too, but I aint too fussed about boxes; I'd rather have it sat on my desk so I can admire it and have a little "Trundle" up and down my desk every now and then.  ;):D

I'm sure i had a ford 8630 with this type of hitch too and a few john deeres  :-\ :-\ not much good really apart from dragging the old ertl trailers wing discs and plough's about but strong i never broke one  :D :D :D

got a white one with duals and three point hitch. do not know much about these tractors but does not look like it ever came out of box. Paid £7 for it yestaerday. Whats it worth??????

I did not know there is a wite one with duals and a three point hitch, the one i know is duals no three point hitch.

What is the number on the box ?

Erik.

the boxed one is 261. Is this right. Also have the standard two wheel drive with no hitch also 261. is the dualed one not :-\ right?

261 is the limited edition with duals, NIB is getting hard to find, so the one with a three point hitch does not belong in that box IMO.

Erik.