Britains Volvo BM Valmet 805

Natted

Hello everyone, I am just after registering here and decided to make this topic about this britains model which i had for years in my attic, i completely forgot about it, i think i bought it in 1988. I am not too sure when exactly the model itself was manufactured, but it does say copyright 1986 on the box.

I have posted a few pictures below of it, hope they come out ok.

It was rarely ever taken out of its box, thus its in mint condition. the box itself is a little wrinkled, possibly due to storage conditions in attic.

anyway, i am not an expert in model toys, though i have a keen interest in them, can anyone give me any info on this model, what years it was made, how many of them, its possible value etc...?

thanks! ;)

post-1689-132638767589_thumb.jpg

post-1689-132638767623_thumb.jpg

Hi Natted and a very warm welcome to the Forum.    There were several variants of this tractor made by Britain's and the model you have posted up started life in  1986 and the final variant was in 1997. Your model with the red cab is one of the earliest models of this tractor . I won't go into chapter and verse as it would take a week to type up all the details of them. Can I suggest to you that you look out for a very comprehensive book on Britain's tractors, a hardback book titled 'Pocket guide to Britains model tractors 1948-1998 by David Pullen. This book covers everything anyone would wish to know about Britain's tractors and is a 'bible' for the collector which lists every tractor produced between those dates plus an index up to 2000 with catalogue numbers, original prices, box types, changes and improvements, years or time span of production, variations etc etc. This book was published in 2003 by 'Old Pond Publishing' ISBN Number 1 903366 40 2.  This book is still readily available and is priced at £17.95 and well worth it. have a look at www.oldpond.com (Stuart Gibbard). Hope this is of help.  Happy collecting and I hope you have fun here.

i havnt got it with me right now, but tommorrow i will check to see if there is a date on the flaps, but as far as i know i dont think there is, thanks anyway for the info  ;)

@powerrabbit: is there any website i can get specific info on this model do you know?

No Natted, none that we are aware of, as I say, look at the web site link I put in my last post, it's the second book in the list, click on 'more info' and it will give you a little more on this book. Having this book will change your life if you are a keen Britain's collector and have a look at Ebay as well to give you an idea of what some people will pay for these tractors.

Welcome to the forum Natted. I agree with what powerrabbit say's and get that David Pullen since it is the bible on Britains. I think that is model number 9515. I purchased one like that a few months ago in the same type of box and it has steering via the air cleaner and also has the engine noise lever. I paid £ 30 for mine. Again I have to agree with the powerabbit there were a lot of viariants with this model. On my spreadsheet I have it says this one was issued 1986 to 1988

Welcome to the forum Natted. I agree with what powerrabbit say's and get that David Pullen since it is the bible on Britains. I think that is model number 9515. I purchased one like that a few months ago in the same type of box and it has steering via the air cleaner and also has the engine noise lever. I paid £ 30 for mine. Again I have to agree with the powerabbit there were a lot of viariants with this model. On my spreadsheet I have it says this one was issued 1986 to 1988

yes you are right, its number 9515. since i bought this in 1988, its probably from that year. and yes it does have the steering and engine noise lever that gives a clicking sound. :D