1/16 Plastic David Brown Tractor

Does anyone know who made this tractor? It's 1/16 scale approx and made from plastic. Ive seen metal variations but never a plastic one. Any help much appreciated :)

post-2-132638784756_thumb.jpg

post-2-132638784775_thumb.jpg

These are the only ones that I know of Andy that this chap produced but there may well have been others as I would imagine if someone could produce such a good quality tractor product from plastic like these two that there should be more than two makes produced; But it was several years ago now and how long Lipkin was in buisness I don't know. Perhaps it would be a good topic subject, 'minor farm model producers'.

Sorry to hijack your thread Andy but I have been given a plastic David Brown Case tractor and I was wondering if anyone could say who made it?

There doesn't appear to be any makers name or other markings other that the DB decal, there is no model number but I would suggest it is closest to a 1694 or similar

Models047.jpg

Models048.jpg

Models049.jpg

Models050.jpg

Help and opinions gratefully received

Robbo

Yes, the 1960 is Lone Star. they used the same casting for all their tractors, Ford, MF, Marshall, David Brown, Case (D.B.) Case IH and those horrid blue and the red Internationals.  The clockwork D.B. crawler tractor (Trackmaster) was made by Shakelton, not Chad Valley and Denzil Skinner also made a Nuffield Universal as well as the D.B. 25D.

Sorry to hijack your thread Andy but I have been given a plastic David Brown Case tractor and I was wondering if anyone could say who made it?

There doesn't appear to be any makers name or other markings other that the DB decal, there is no model number but I would suggest it is closest to a 1694 or similar

Models048.jpg

Help and opinions gratefully received

Robbo

Isnt there something on the casting under the end of the floor pan, a name or someting, looks like there is to me

KiwiNick, you will find the 'Lone Star' (with a star between the two words) name on the underside of the tractor below what looks like foot-plate behind the rear right-hand wheel on the side of the casting, you can see it if you look behind the wheel.

Oh. And by the way, the Denzil Skinner tractors (Nuffield & D.B. 25D) were made of all diecast, The D.B. had tin mudguards, made in 1957.