REAL FARMING FOR JULY

Light Land

In my neck of the woods this month....

Ploughing and drilling of winter sown vining peas has been completed.

The 250 dairy cows are still grazing green feed kale and are getting 3 round bales of pea vines and 1 bale of barley straw each day to keep them happy on these cold nights.The cows will be leaving the farm to go back to there dairy farm in a few weeks time as they near the start of the new milking season.

Few bits and bobs have had oil changes eg:matbro telehandler.

Dairy cows are on the drop, gota take 150 home from my place within the next week..... starting to get the silage kit in the workshop for any work needed

main job next 2 months is calving, had to calve at my palce allready ( the run off)

Baling hay when it dries out again followed by cutting and baling the barley. Also have a roof to take off the over wintering cow yards and all the pens to gas axe in preparation for the new yard to be sorted, all thanks to EA regulations on surface water run off ::)

Baling hay when it dries out again followed by cutting and balig the barley. Also have a roof to take off the over wintering cow yards and all the pens to gas axe in preparation for the new yard to be sorted, all thanks to EA regulations on surface water run off ::)

busy busy then for you gav  ps i pm,d you