Universal Hobbies Claas Tucano 450

After much personal anticipation, Universal Hobbies' Claas Tucano combine has finally arrived, so heres a review as requested by Tris ;)

The model comes in a large Claas box, bigger than usual combine boxes owing to the inclusion of a header trailer.  As per usual the model is held in by wire ties, though it didn't seem to take too long to remove it from the box for a photoshoot.

This is an excellent model, I only had to open the Claas parcel to see that; the detail is superb as can be expected from UH, although the Grain Tank doors do not open which is a shame.

All these photos were taken in the garden, so a bit green for an actual crop, but hopefully a bit better than on the dining room table!  Here's the combine arriving with the header on its trailer:

P1010057.jpg

P1010058.jpg

Attaching header to combine:

P1010059.jpg

Job done!:

P1010060.jpg

I should point out here that attaching the header is quite tricky, on a similar par to the Britains MF 7200 that came out about 10 years ago, you do need to be a bit firm.

The header trailer is a work of art in itself:

P1010062.jpg

More to follow...

And some more 'scenic' photos:

On the headland:

P1010069.jpg

Distant shot:

P1010071.jpg

Heading across the field:

P1010070.jpg

Ready to unload:

P1010061.jpg

Alarming angle on the discharge spout :D:

P1010064.jpg

I hope these photos have conveyed how good this model is; I would say it is the best combine model to come from UH so far, great for the mid sized farmer and the addition of the wonderfully detailed header trailer is a very welcome addition.  Although the plastic header attach is tricky it doesn't matter, as this is a model after all and wouldn't really stand repeated attaching and removing.  A minor niggle with mine is that the cab steps don't revolve fully - if they are indeed supposed to.  I am expecting another example so will see if they move fully on that one.  But other than that I can't honestly find fault with this model, and for me it gets a ten out of ten.  I have probably missed some points out, but if you want to know anything else, or there are any more views required let me know.

The header and trailer are simply amazing, much as I love the Lexion 600 when you park the Tucano's V750 next its header it really shows it up, though in all fairness the 600 is not supposed to be a collectors model - still hoping that Wiking will do the Lexion, imagine that!

• 2 months later...

great model , i've not got one yet but my mate has and has it parked next to his siku 600. so the lexion looks a bit boring now. shame about the tank doors i thought when looking at it, but the rest of it makes up for that. well worth a buy ;D