Cow Calving, Might be graphic

Kiwi6920

Ok guys this is for those people who havent seen a cow calve and would like to, it was a case of right place right time for these photos, this was the only cow (out of 4) i saw that i didnt have to help today,she was all o natural

What i saw as i came up to the paddock to shift the cows

M01A0076.jpg

Then i got in the gate and had to fight thru the crowd of cows and the boss came in to try pull the calve before it fell out its self

M01A0077.jpg

One happy calve and mum, the cow licks all the after birth off to clean the calve, this one was up and walking in 10min

M01A0078.jpg

This was one of the other cows i had to assist, was a easy calving to me, somtimes cows just get tired and cant get it out them selfs

M01A0080.jpg

That pic shows the water bag calves are in insde the cow

Hope the pics arnt to grapic, its all a natural part of life this

Good pics Nick, there are some like that in my blog type topic I think. It is an amazing feat to watch I have to say. Traci was there with her niece one day and neither had seen a cow calf and what happens? A cow calves!!

Thanks for the kind comments guys

Marcus, they are on a sand hill atcualy, they spend around 20 hrs a day there at the moment, they get shifted off to eat there grass ( normaly around 4 hours) as it winter here and we have had alot of rain of late so in turn our paddocls are as wet as and if the cows stayed on the paddock all day or all night it would be a sea of mud, the sand is nice and dry compared to a grass paddock so the cows like it better for sleeping, they get feed hay on the sand hill so they have some thing to chew on

Hope that makes sence