SCOTTISH VINTAGE TRACTOR & ENGINE CLUB RALLY SCONE PALACE 13/14 SEPT 2008

BC

Farming Yesteryear takes place in the grounds of Scone palace over the weekend of 13 / 14 September 2008. It is probably the largest rally in Scotland and attracts a large number of exhibitors, stall holders and public. There is also a working area but this is not nearly as large or good as the BA event at Lyne of Skene. I think the show is only open to the public on the Sunday.i will be down on the Sunday with either my Farmall Cub or MG2 most likely it will be the Cub.

• 1 month later...

Well just checked the BBC web for the weather forecast and its to be cloudy in Aberdeen on Saturday and Sunday but heavy rain on Saturday and light rain for Sunday in Perth. I do so so hope they have got it wrong for Perthshire since it will put the dampers on what is a really excellent show.

Well on Saturday I spent a few hour cleaning up my Farmall Cub for the Scone palace rally on Sunday but it rained here until around 2pm in the afternoon. A phone call to a friend a Scone decidfed me not to take the Cub and instead just hitch on the crawler which would be kept dry and clean for the journey down to Perth.

1492008014.jpg

Arrived early at the shop and was veey very muddy and the mist was still rising from behind this Scani loaded with three drotts.

1492008015.jpg

Anyway it was a day for the wellingtons but it did stay dry and was quite sunny for the show but movement was heavily restricted.

On to the show and the tractor winners in the petrol parafinn section

IST IN YEAR OF THE ALLIS CHALMERS

A 1939 Allis B from Cumbria

1492008073.jpg

PETROL PARAFINN CLASS

1st 1934 blue Fordson

1492008070.jpg

2nd 1934 Case L

1492008071.jpg

3rd Was a Grey fordson - sorry no photo

This 1938 Chockshutt 80 was best petrol / parafinn and Best in show at the weekend before at Edzell but it did not take teh judges fancy at Scone

1492008072.jpg

Best International went to a 1952 Farmall M owned by a chap called Harry Ferguson ;D ;D

1492008024.jpg

Excellent paint job finsihed however the chap sprays buses and coaches for a living. Despite the excellent paint job there are ( in my opinion ) some things which could be improved upon

Better fitting bonnet

1492008025.jpg

A correct IH magneto versus the Lucas one and oh the sterring needs a severe ovehaul to get rid of the play

1492008026.jpg

A 1952 Davuid brown Super Cropmaster again by Harry Ferguson

1492008027.jpg

Another International this time a Farmall MD - petrol engine on one side and diesel on the other.

1492008028.jpg

1492008029.jpg

Moving on

A 1949 IFA Pioneer

1492008030.jpg

A 1960 Ford Powermaster 821 ( I have never seen a real life one before )

1492008031.jpg

A 1979 MF 590 - I must say she did look nice

1492008032.jpg

Now some of the exhibits from the ANTIQUE CATERPILLAR & MACHINERY OWNERS CLUB

1492008064.jpg

1492008065.jpg

1492008066.jpg

Well Bill... some great pics.. many thanks for posting..

now then.. the Allis Beachmaster... what a Beautiful looking machine  :o :o - I've never seen or heard of it before... can you tell us some more about it if possible buddy ???

Well Mark I have seen this one before. I don't really know the purpose of it other than me suspects it is for some kinda beach work with these large flotation untreaded tyres. Does anyone else on here know ??? ???

I'll make enquiries though I think I could well meet up with a chap called George Wisner at Lanark in two weeks time and I think it may well have been owned by a friend of his in the past.

Looks like it was a good show then Bill, Saturday was certainly a wet one........Yet again we never got the chance to get over........

The Leyland Tiger looks really well........ :P :P

Martin I only went on the Sunday and as you can see the ground was very very "dubby"... running dubs in some places actually hence me not unlading my MG2 to get all messed up ;D ;D

I thought you might like that old bus one ;) ;)

Well Mark I have seen this one before. I don't really know the purpose of it other than me suspects it is for some kinda beach work with these large flotation untreaded tyres. Does anyone else on here know ??? ???

I'll make enquiries though I think I could well meet up with a chap called George Wisner at Lanark in two weeks time and I think it may well have been owned by a friend of his in the past.

I did a google Mark and see there was a story about the restoration of this particular one in Issue 30 of Classic Tractor in October 2003

http://www.classictractormagazine.co.uk/cgi-bin/get_issue.cgi?i=0330Oct

Thanks Bill.. I'd better get my hands on a back issue then.... I just love the shape of it really.. looks a real 'purposeful' machine.. especipecially on those tyres...

I assume it was a standard tractor as well... not just made for beach work ???

Too good a question for me to answer off the top of my head Mark...but I will try and look up that back issue to night and see what it says. It's a kinda different being a "banana" colour instead of the usually "orangy" colour normally associated with AC ;D ;D

::) ::)::) many nice tractors and trucks over there, thanks for posting, hope you enjoued the day :o :o :o

Yes there was a good selection especially on the commercial truck section. The day was enjoyable despite the mud. I left around 4pm and it took me 30 minures before I was out on to the main road which was a little fustrating but my friend was worse it took him about 60 minutes. Never mind my made the A4 go like a bat out of hell and was home in just slightly after 6pm.