britains buckrake?

massey690

On the subject of buckrakes can anyone tell me how many versions Britain's actually did ??? I have the straw box one below but I recall there was another type made later on perhaps a push off one and was that the one that was modelled off the Grays of Fetterangus one ???  Any photos appreciated.

963d08d1.jpg

From memory I believe there were 3 versions, the one pictured, an all ruddy-brown all plastic one and an all green plastic one. The 2 latter ones I think were in yard scraper sets.

Thanks Tim yes I forgot I have a Slurry Scraper and buck rake the green one and that is number 9561. The brown one must be the Gray's one which i have never seen. Another one i need to get me hands on.

I've got an unboxed brown one languishing in a cardboard box somewhere from my childhood.... as I recall with a gentle shove I could force it onto the carriage of the Britains loader.... ::)  :D

I'm sure the yellow/green/brown plastic ones are all the same pushoff one's ;) ;)

Thanks Simon. I can recall my earlier one was not push off and it only had the trip. I can remember moving tons and tons of small bales with that one though with my Ford 5000 and Massey Ferguson 135. The Fergies struggled with a big load though ... it was too light on the nose ;) ;)

I was lucky enough to have a plastic and metal one although i ended up butchering the pair off them the green plastic one so it fitted on my Britain's logmaster and the metal one as a dung fork for a ertl ford loader 8630 powershift push anything with that big boy  :D :D  :D