Farming action in the Lower Rhine Plain (Germany)

Richard de Florennes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the video, the Claas was going faster than I thought it would be going. Good crop of corn by the looks of it as well.

thanks,

For me it was also of interest as I had no imagination of the speeds and forces concerning maize corn harvest.

For me it was also much faster and easy-going then expected.

here are some more pics of the harvest:

eIMG_2942.jpgeIMG_2951.jpgeIMG_2960.jpgeIMG_2975.jpgeIMG_2977.jpgeIMG_2988.jpg

Interesting trailers/box tippers in those pics. Nice photo's again and nice of the farmer to tell you of more action to see. That DeWulf machine is a big old big of kit. I still find it amazing these machines do the work of 20 men many years ago.

Interesting trailers/box tippers in those pics. Nice photo's again and nice of the farmer to tell you of more action to see. That DeWulf machine is a big old big of kit. I still find it amazing these machines do the work of 20 men many years ago.

Big old big of kit?? - it was almost brand-new - two weeks after delivery from the factory, as the driver told me!

By the way, after work was finished, the driver even allowed me to drive this machine and make a round on the then empty field. Well, just driving around a little bit was easy thanks to the joystick controll, but I would of course not manage to controll all functions working during real harvesting, nor to stay exactly on the rows ...