Farming action in the Lower Rhine Plain (Germany)

Richard de Florennes

By the way, after work was finished, the driver even allowed me to drive this machine and make a round on the then empty field. Well, just driving around a little bit was easy thanks to the joystick controll, but I would of course not manage to controll all functions working during real harvesting, nor to stay exactly on the rows ...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also seen that same evening was this old Grimme two-row harvester. I was rather lucky to see this old iron instead of the newer and omni-present Grimme SF 75 series harvester. That day this farmers SF 75 broke down due to hydraulic failure and so he took this old iron out of the barn again for the first time after 10 years. As he told me, the old mashine worked perfect again as in his younger days ...

yIMG_3219.jpgyIMG_3225.jpgyIMG_3227.jpgyIMG_3229.jpgyIMG_3239.jpgyIMG_3252.jpg

during the above featured potato harvest, the farmer invited me to take some pictures of his potato logistics machines at his home farm. While following his tractor, I made a short stop at a field where wheat harvest had just ended in the dark. A few moments later, the tractor with the seed drill would drive on that small paved farm way until the driver will notice by a loud "bang" that he had forgotten to retract the row markers which would be torn of by the next telephone line pylon flanking that street ...

In order not to further annoy the driver I did not take any further pictures and continued my way ...

y1IMG_3281.jpgy1IMG_3282.jpg