Farming action in the Lower Rhine Plain (Germany)

Richard de Florennes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent looking soil,how much rain full do you get each year on avg?

around 500 - 600 mm rain and some 1000 hours of sunshine per year, soil type: light to heavy Para Brown soil with up to 90 points in the souther parts of home region, where farming activity begins some weeks later than in the more sandy Norther part due to the heavy soil collecting the moisture of the winter season rather long.

Here is what was going on in "my" region the last two days:

hIMG_5054.jpg

hIMG_5053.jpg

hIMG_5051.jpg

hIMG_5050.jpg

hIMG_5049.jpg

hIMG_5044.jpg

hIMG_5042.jpg

hIMG_5041.jpg

One thing that always makes me wonder is why when the germans are out doing field work there are often 2 or more tractors working,was like that were I lived in Germany as well.Thats one thing you don't often see in NZL,one bloke out on his own is more common even when planting spuds unless it's a contractor or they are in a big way.Nice pictures all the same. 8)

is it me or just a coincidence but all the pics on here are of one specific tractor company. you dont see there being many different types of tractors in the same feild they tend to be from the same company. is that how the germans like to farm with one company becouse they all seem to be just john deere or just fendt or just massey ???:-\

is it me or just a coincidence but all the pictures on here are of one specific tractor company. you dont see there being many different types of tractors in the same feild they tend to be from the same company. is that how the germans like to farm with one company becouse they all seem to be just john deere or just fendt or just massey ???:-\

yes and no. yes there are a lot of farmers here who rely on one specif dealer who either sells only Massey, or Fendts or Deeres. But indeed there are also a lot of farmers with a mixed range of very different brands also working in one field.

However, it is my personal taste which makes me prefer to stop for "one tractor brand" sets as I prefer these for photogenic/artistic and esthetical reasons. Just my taste. See also my farm dioramas.

In reality I do not like these often seen combinations of for example brown Fiat tractor with Lemken subsoiler combined with orange Kuhn power harrow and green Amazone seed drill

is it me or just a coincidence but all the pictures on here are of one specific tractor company. you dont see there being many different types of tractors in the same feild they tend to be from the same company. is that how the germans like to farm with one company becouse they all seem to be just john deere or just fendt or just massey ???:-\

espacially for you a really ugly colour mix of various brands and ages on one field seen last Wednesday over here  :of

Allemagne/Germany, region Viersen, 2010-03-24:

gIMG_5033.jpg

gIMG_5032.jpg

gIMG_5031.jpg

gIMG_5030.jpg

gIMG_5026.jpg