A contracting life for me

batcher

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well a steady week finished the grass seeding bit of muck then in the workshop getting my round bailer ready for action .Finished bailing the elephant grass 34 bail over 30 acres 15 acres more to do when the weather settles a bit more. Just found out today hopefully start planting the elephant grass next week only trouble is got to go and pick the planter up  ;D From taunton only 80 miles away  ::) But seeing im down there i can work my way back home (anyone know of any good b&bs) cause i think i may have a few nights away from home  ;D When i get back home i will be working my way to northampton only 70 miles from home Only talk at the mo but should be good fun and thank god for 50k plus hoping the new puma 165 will turn up or it will have to be the puma 180 such a hard life i leed  ;D

Nice updates Steve. That baler is a whopper :o Can't your boss just get the planter delivered? ???

She won't look so big behind a mx 200  ;D Noooo I want to get out of the workshop and plod up and down all day plus theres always plenty of overtime  ::)

If you go through West Lavington I can recommend The Churchill for a spot of refreshments!  ;)

I did and wondered which one was your local  ;D Don;t know where i will be monday at the mo the bagging plant has broken down ::) But have got 25 acres 6 miles away  ;D Then down to wincanton  :o

About time for a few pics i recon  ;D First job of the day find the farm two hours later i'm straight there 50 odd miles away  ::) My planter for the season turns up with instuctor three hrs later i'm going solo ;D

Old planter

SUNP0002-14.jpg

new one

SDC10559.jpg

Very nice pics.

I must have missed this topic before so i have scan it now

Some decent machinery and i have never seen this Claas bailer before  :o

Thanks you have to keep the kit up when your contracting That bailer is the 2100 4 stringer very popular size for halige  ;D

Well been a busy week  ;D planting elephant grass all over the place started in chitterne warminster then 6 miles down the road then down to mere by the 303 Then shafsbury dorset  ;D Back to wincanton then yesterday back up to box in wiltshire. But the planter is broken so a day off today  ::) Hopefully be repaired for tommorrow so i can work my way home ;D Well get the next 90 hectors out the way  ::) So been traveling in the old trooper to and from daily done about 800 plus miles in the last week  ;D And about 160 miles in the tractor  ::) Glad planting is a short season. But the good news is i have a new ride puma 155 hopefully by mid week (haven't told my mxu yet ;D) I found her in startins web page last wendsday morning told boss man. He went and had a look thursday and brought her friday  ;D So i borrowed a couple of pics of her out of the web page only done 370 hrs but have got front links and muiltcontroller and climate control

puma155.png

puma1551.png

Still busy with the elephant grass but getting there  ;D doing a 60 hectre farm at the mo but should finish tuesday . But i have got my puma 155 on the front (so i am a happy bunny) Had a nice drive on thursday in the puma 180  got rained off from planting went down to taunton from chippenham to pick up the patch planter  ;D two hrs 20 mins (with no wrong turns) Then 1 hour and 45 mins back to another farm plus three hours in the truck ready for bed that night  ;D