Farming action in the Wallonie (Belgium)

Richard de Florennes

to complete this topic for the near future from my side - one final scene featuring a field which I habe now misused as background for one of my sugar beet diorama photos (see Modell Fram Photos - Britains Farming German style).

Situated right in the middle of that day's activites observe by my I took pictures there both during the morning and the afternoon and this are the best results, good bye:

bIMG_5247.jpgbIMG_5253.jpgbIMG_5256.jpgbIMG_5262.jpgbIMG_5428.jpgbIMG_5433.jpg

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for your comment, but at the time I am busy enough to keep up my posting my pictures in here. If I started posting in yet another forum I would have to cease work and family life completely ...

You only have to e-mail them and I'll do the rest for you ;).

as it seems that I will not have any chances for further farming-related tours for the next weeks due to time of the year (activity over here slowly ceases) and work-constraints, I could not resist the opportunity for one more tour to Belgium hoping, for a little bit of remaining sugar beet harvesting activity.

This time however, weather was not only rather dull compared to the predicted sunny spells and activity was few and far between. Therefore, instead of touring all day long, I spent some one and a half hours on each of the two active fields I found featuring harvest of chicoree, which is quite similar to sugar beet harvest. There were no other sugar beet or chicoree fields found left in the region and farmers told me that this was their final harvesting day this year.

So enjoy the maybe last pictures in this topic this year!

All began with this small scene, where the farmers gave me a direction to one of the final harvesting fields ...

hIMG_5859.jpghIMG_5860.jpghIMG_5861.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

There was a demonstration day of GILLES last Friday near Charleroi (Belgium) - the only sunny day in our region within a period of weeks.

Here are the best results of some 600 pictures taken within two hours running over the demonstration field from one corner to the other, lloking for the best lighting/landscape conditions and avoiding some other 100 people walking over the field at the same time ...

2008_12_19020a.jpg2008_12_19025a.jpg2008_12_19027a.jpg