Farming action in the Wallonie (Belgium)

Richard de Florennes

seen on my way back home from a business journey, when an almost emty fuel tank of my car forced me to leave the highway when searching for a petrol station. Having topped of fuel I made a "cut" between two highways - and the 20 miles through the country side lead me to a field where I - for the first time ever - saw four viners on one field!

post-1013-132638861283_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638861287_thumb.jpg

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine you must have been like a child on Christmas day when you too that short cut between the two highways. What a sight to see, it looks like the drivers even positioned themselves for the perfect photos you have taken Sascha, brilliant!!  :) :) :) :)

• 1 month later...

I can imagine you must have been like a child on Christmas day when you too that short cut between the two highways. What a sight to see, it looks like the drivers even positioned themselves for the perfect photos you have taken Sascha, brilliant!!  :) :) :) :)

it was and thanks for the nice feedback. I read just now ...

Anyway, as you all now, I am a big row-crop (sugar beet, potato farming) fan.

This interest has even grown when watching the great video DVD "Monsters of the Sugar Beet Field" (second sight productions), recommended to me by Gavin (thans for that).

Has most of the great machinery shown there is virtually almost non-existend in Germany with the exception of the big monsters like Holmer, Ropa and Grimme 6-row self-propelled mashines, I asked myself, how to see something like the great "Gilles" 2-phase harvesting system featuring one tractor with topper (front mounted) and lifting unit (back) plus a self-propelled or towed loader.

Well, after long search tours I found and least something similar in Germany, but the results where few and far betwen.

However, recently I found an article, that my deserved systems are rather the rule than the exception in Belgium and France.

Therefore, arranged a business trip yesterday leading me through a sunny Central Belgium. Here are the results, beginning at early morning haze, when these two tractors and trailers alerted my attention. I could not the any harvestor, but then something came out from behind the trees and bushes ...