A few miscellaneous bits and bobs from 2008

JohnP

Well, it hasn't been a good year for farming with me, but I have seen some odd bits and pieces.

First of all, at some "Open gardens" in N.Yorks with the family, I was distracted by a diesel engine noise which I first thought was a Fergie...turns out to be a Dexter levelling a pony paddock

post-256-132638863274_thumb.jpg

post-256-132638863285_thumb.jpg

When out with the family, we often end up on the coast for Fish n'Chips (proper fresh fish from the local ports !). I wasn't popular when I dissapeared for 1/2hr to cacth the Lifeboats at Bridlington, first an MF......

But I don't know what make what the crawler is. The local lifeboat at my work in Anglesey (Treadurr Bay) has a lovely County, all sea-proofed but i haven't seen that in the open yet for a photograph.

I was lucky enough to see a field of Peas being worked on the Wolds on my way home from work at Brough, but by the time I'd got parked up, the Viners had moved away to the far side of the field and i was only left with the trailers....

post-256-132638863316_thumb.jpg

post-256-132638863321_thumb.jpg

Finally (for now) a couple from my recent holidays.

First of all, this smart Deutz was used with a special trailer for refuse collection in the village of Neustift, south of Innsbruck.

And this little single-cylinder, 4-wheel drive contraption was at one of the Mountain "Huts" (at about 2300m/7,600 feet) we stayed at while trekking round the Stubai Valley (yes, the weather was grim that day, so we were ready for something warm after a 9-hour trek !)

post-256-132638863389_thumb.jpg

post-256-132638863393_thumb.jpg