Gav's tractors

Gav836

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NIce picture there how has your lexion been this year as we have well did have a 405 of same age and had a few problems with sieves braking there mounts or whatever it was wasnt my problem so not positive but the 405 has clocked similar hours to your 460 lovely machine though like i said

Well it had 3 APS cylinder bearings this year but that was a fitting error when we put a new cylinder in due to stone damage. Had a few problems with the sieve belt tensioner pulley bolt shearing, still looking into that, and the usual electrical faults with sensors on it. Did also have a new stop solenoid on it. Other than that, has behaved perfectly, cutting about 1500 acres of rape, barley, wheat, oats and beans.

This has been the first ever season where anything has ever gone wrong it been as reliable anything the only things that have gone wrong are things caused by stones etc It used to cut 650+ acres a season with a 15ft header and when a local farmer found out the farm was selling up he but in an offer of close to ?40,000 for it which i dont think is bad really what machines do you run on your farm gavin?

At present we run 2 Renault Ares, an 836 and an 816 (2003), a NH 8560 (1997), a Fiat F140 (1995) and a Case MX150 (2000) tweaked to match a MX170. The Claas came out of an auction in 2002 for ?47000 with 1000 hrs on the clock, bargin price really! Will try to get pictures of the other machines as we use them. The 816 and 8560 do all the spraying with 2 Berthoud Racer 32's 3200 litre, 24m sprayers. The 836 pulls a 6 furrow Lemken and the MX150 pulls a 5 furrow Lemken, The Fiat does all of the sugarbeet drilling and hoeing now, although till the 816 came along it done all of the drilling with a 4 metre Amazone RPD power harrow combi, alongside the 8560 which uses a cultivator drill and front press.

You don't see many of those around.? :)

We wish we didn't either, we try not to drive it too much now unless we are really forced to! its one of the most uncomfortable tractors i've driven, i have to drill then hoe 750acres of sugarbeet with it, not pleasent! Get a back ache within the first hour. This one is the mechanical spec one not the electronic winner spec :(

At present we run 2 Renault Ares, an 836 and an 816 (2003), a NH 8560 (1997), a Fiat F140 (1995) and a Case MX150 (2000) tweaked to match a MX170. The Claas came out of an auction in 2002 for ?47000 with 1000 hrs on the clock, bargin price really! Will try to get pictures of the other machines as we use them. The 816 and 8560 do all the spraying with 2 Berthoud Racer 32's 3200 litre, 24m sprayers. The 836 pulls a 6 furrow Lemken and the MX150 pulls a 5 furrow Lemken, The Fiat does all of the sugarbeet drilling and hoeing now, although till the 816 came along it done all of the drilling with a 4 metre Amazone RPD power harrow combi, alongside the 8560 which uses a cultivator drill and front press.

NIce set up there i agree that was a bargin price for the claas we run well did an MF 8240 on a set of 3m discs, 5 leg subsoler and a 6 furrow g and b plough, an MF 3125 that handles all the spraying drilling and topwork and anything else going proved by the 15 000 or is it 12 nah i think 15 000 hours on the clock now, also a MF 3065 handles the srayer when needed and any trailer work and lastly a Ford 7710 does sod all really just sits there ?:D :D

Nice pictures there Gav, had nothing to do with those Fiat's so can't comment, I think there was a buyers guide on them in Classic Tractor a while back, I think comfort was an issue on that. Got a bargain on the Lexion there and only 1000 hours is good too, Would like to see the New Holland pictures ?:)

the New Holland is on the other farm, will have a word with my mate see if he can lend me a couple of pics to put on here, i know he's got some good ones of it.

I do get Classic Tractor, can remeber reading that buyers guide. Boss was very happy with the combine, total cost was about ?53000 i think by the time we'd been through it and had it delivered to us.