TOY FAIR ABERDEEN - BRITANNIA HOTEL DYCE SUNDAY 19th OCTOBER 2008

BC

I was speaking to Brian Holmes at Lanark last weekend and I'm sure he said the Toy fair was on in Aberdeen on Sunday 19th October 2008  and they were doing Inverness on the Saturday. I'm not sure of the start times so best phone and check with hotel nearer the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Warrington to Toytrac 196 miles! ;)

Kev,

For you and Mike being in the police you are not too bad with numbers..354 + 196 = 550 and I've just done an AA route map and its says total 548.7 miles and journey time 10 hours and 10 minutes. ;D ;D

Well spent an enjoyable 2 hours at the Aberdeen Toy and met up with BrianIH634 and son from on here and CATKOM3's pal Norman from Elgin in addition to quite a few other non FTF folk. Managed to pick up 3 Britain's in different box style packaging from Brian and Ann Holmes to add to my collection which were reasonably priced.

Just a few photos from the show

That's Brian at the extreme left under the halo light ;D ;D I see he has been tempted to buy as well

4cc7c70c.jpg

A Sandy Kydd Forfar artic with a New Holland combine on board

f6ae410c.jpg

Some more of the stalls

364f4abf.jpg

ce87d06d.jpg

At one stall there was a Chad Valley Fordson major unboxed for sale at £ 110. Cost about 19 shillings and 6 pence when new in the 50's he said. The chap kindly let me take it away for a photoshoot ;) ;)

5b870963.jpg

875e3455.jpg

c14f1b64.jpg

a10bd672.jpg

a21a6944.jpg

Nice t see you again Bill.

Just goes to show what a saint I am :D :D :D

Bought the new Uh Massey for myself and Stevie chose the Uh Renault 836 for him, because he didn't have a Renault tractor yet :)

He was quite miffed not to find a mower for the back of his tractor, he'd been saying all morning that was what he wanted :( :'(

Ah well, there's always Penrith ;)

Well my purchases for the day were as below plus 4 tins of Humbrol paint.

Britain's No 9496 deutz DX 4.57 or is a conversion / hybrid..... see my separte post

aa36139d.jpg

8776e1f0.jpg

My others

No 9546 - An unopened box of ploughs

66b4d73b.jpg

21cc4bee.jpg

No 9577 - MF 130 Drill in a Banded box

1623b029.jpg

1cf7f638.jpg