Marky Ferguson's Workshop and those Bl**dy potato boxes !!!

Lord Ferguson

Question

• Answers 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Pestered her again today - she's been in 3 large toy shops in and around Rotteredam and no luck yet - She tells me the picture is in her handbag and she looks everywhere she goes - BLESS HER ;)

i will kiss her if she get me one. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Here we go:-

http://www.britains-tractors.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3444.0

Is that the Daewoo forklift you want one for?

Great thanks Martin... I won't be buying any of your spuds if you treat them like that - especially in this weather  :D

Yeah it would be for my Daewoo - saving up for a teletruck but not this year I reckon  :( - I was going to buy a box rotator but now I have seen the tipping attachment for my forklift I want one of those instead - My grower told me to tip very slowly though as they will bruise really easliy - especially the reds I'm using (Romano)  We currently hand-ball into a 1t hopper from bags - will save me a fortune using boxes straight off the grader (?15 per tonne)  ;)

My tatties are good quality Mark, you would be a valuable customer, as I don't have many at the moment......  :D;) ;)

Have you ever worked with or met any of the people from Huntapac? They are a large veg growing company who grow carrots, cabbages etc all over the country and transport them back to their packhouse in Lancashire (I think it is). They are the people who contract people in to grow carrots near me......

No but I know of them well.. they are stronger in the North of England really Martin.... I use Spitalsfield Market in London 6 days a week for all my non-local UK F&V - Most London Market Agents handle produce from the Home Counties (and the Fens) - Kent is a BIG Carrot growing reigon for our area.  We do use Scotish Strawed carrots when the lower UK reigons get finished up - before we get HORRIBLE rubbery Italian Carrots... The French.... then back tt the UK again once they've got some skin set.  Ben and I are going to visit my local grower sometime soon (known as carrot face in our business !)

With Veg being such a low value item, transport cost usually prohibit things coming from too far away.

As for Joe Savage (Cabbage) - We only buy locally grown  - OR Spanish in the closed season.  Huge Supermarket growers/packers in our local area..

And as for your rough treated spuds - I'll give you ?20 a tonne and incur the wastage myself - shall we shake on it now  :D

Nar.. leave that to the Israelies they do the best Nicola (or the Egyptians) - what's up with a good old Cambridge potato - The Maris Piper ???

We have done that in the garden in the past. We tend to try different varieties every year...... :) :)

Only one farmer I know here does the Nicola Potatoes but he is the one who I pay most attention to as he sometimes rents out the field in which our house sits so plenty pic opportunites of his rather large kit...... ;)

Thought it would be all reds up your way Martin.... I bet those Nicola go to the supermarkets don't they (well on to a pack-house then on to a supermarket)? ???

The Desiree in our garden are fantastic, really big tasty tatties.  :) :)

I think the Nicola Tatties will probably go to the Supermarket or maybe Tinned Salad Tatties?