Tatties on Thursday

James T

A beautiful (if slightly breezy) day up here in east central Scotland, so I decided to take a walk across the Forth Road Bridge and take some shots.  In the distance, I noticed some potato harvesting operations beside the Echline Estate/Hopetoun House just to the south west of the bridge.

I managed to get well over 150 photographs, and have reduced it to about 30 for you guys to have a look at.  I was also lucky enough to be invited aboard one of the tractors to see the Grimme at work from the comfort of the tractor cab!  These photographs have some significance in that they are the last crop - in this case seed potatoes - to come from this field.  In a couple of shots you may see the tractors negotiating a small wooden fence - this is a test drill site...this field will be used in the construction of approach roads to the forthcoming new lower Forth crossing which will take some strain off the old road bridge which is giving cause for concern.

Just looking back in my records, on this day last year I also got some potato harvesting shots in Fife, and the weather was almost exactly the same!

Enjoy!

4216a762.jpg

ea1a6b7a.jpg

8a270957.jpg

affb4339.jpg

f75e1a10.jpg

Some excellent shots there James

Nice to see both the Forth Road Bridge and Railway Bridge in the background...... I could not see any painters though ;) ;)

Funnily enough, I was thinking that I've never seen the FRailB minus the scaffolding and white protective tents - I bet all these tourists must be disappointed!