Making a simple onion box....

Lord Ferguson

Question

I thought I'd test put my new bandsaw blade tonight by making a quick and simple to make Onion box... trust me... if I can do it - you will be an expert at it  ;):D :D

So... first and foremost... I rattled off a few sticks... using my old spud box measurements... 28mm high... 38mm wide and about 60mm long..... er... I think...

NEVER put your fingers anywhere near a bandsaw blade  :o - this was off and unplugged to show you the size...

DSC_5544.jpg

I'm using the fence to get even cuts... you could do this with a knife just as well... mark a line on a piece of scrap and cut each piece to length...

DSC_5545.jpg

Nice Boxes Mark, handy to have around the yard  :)

Thanks Garret... mucho appreciate mate.... not quite your standards... but I'm trying  :-[:D :D

nice piece of work well done can you use balsa wood to make them

Abso-flipping-lutely Martin... would be a whole lot easier to cut as well I guess - good thinking that man  ;):)

Well uncle Pete.... the boxes are... 60mm long... 40mm high and 38mm wide mate... not sure where that came from.. I think Wing Commander Holmes got the measurements from a real one...

Gone back to the drawing board tonight... first up... the MKII(08) onion box...

DSC_5558.jpg

All I have done here is added some more slats in the gaps... and given it a coat of Dark Oak wax...