Ford 8100

franky

County made them for Ford ;)

That was what I knew.....buggered if I could remember it though !!!!  :D :D I couldn't think what the best 8100 factoid was but that's it, nice one mate... ;)

Oh, and they're blue..... Oh Tris mate, you'll never live that down.... ;)

Ford designed it but didn't think it would be a great seller thats why they let County make it for them, it was only in production for two years before it was replaced by the 8200 which was designed and built by County

really mark ? learn something new every day  :)

as far as i was aware the ford 8200 was sold alongside the 81 .

Customers wanted a big 2wd 6cyl tractor but ford were not really sure it would be a seller in their line up so they approached County to build the 8100.

But i've seen a few 2wd 82's about as well but not seen any litterature about them , so can only presume that they were once 4wd converted , or ford saw the sales figures & offered it in 2wd as well & stopped the production of the 81

the 81 also had strengthening rails from the tombstone,along the engine to the backend effectively giving it a chassis of sorts

ironic really that the 2wd Ford people had County, the 4wd people, to produce a 2wd tractor for them while ford started selling their own 4wd tractors  ::)

i think the ford COUNTY 8100 will be the next 'big thing' for collectors

Your right MJB1 the 8100 was available for a short time after the 8200 came out and in 1981 it was fitted with schindler axel same as the 8200.

The 8100 had the chassis from the 6700 and the 8200 had the backend from the 7700 fitted with a de-rated 8700 engine rather than the Ford Dorset truck engine

The 8200 came with 4wd as standard so the 2wd ones you've seen must have been converted :-\

before we confuse each other mate , none of these tractors had chassis, they were backend bolted to engine bolted to tombstone

so are you saying the 81 had a 67 backend & the 82 had a 77 back end ?

not that i knew there was a difference !

have driven both these county fords and have to say that the back end would be the same on a 67 as a 77? just looked through the brochures on them and can see no difference in any spec on the rear end. The 8100 was great but the 8200 4wd sat a bit low at the back so soon lifted the front wheels with 5 f behind :D :D

have driven both these county fords and have to say that the back end would be the same on a 67 as a 77? just looked through the brochures on them and can see no difference in any spec on the rear end. The 8100 was great but the 8200 4wd sat a bit low at the back so soon lifted the front wheels with 5 f behind :D :D

If it was a 7700 back end then it would have Load Monitor noted on the spec. sheet.

Internally you will also find that 3rd/7th gear is in fact helically cut

If it was a 7700 back end then it would have Load Monitor noted on the spec. sheet.

Internally you will also find that 3rd/7th gear is in fact helically cut

which brings me magicaly off topic & has nothing to do with the 8100 BUT is the difference between the 7600 & 7600E  ;)

but thats another topic altogether  ::)

Mmmm...missed this topic.

Forgive me for repeating some stuff weirdos....

It evolved from the the old French 6cly 7400.

I think it's more of a 2WD version of the County 1124, but with a decent cab.

The engine was indeed an unstressed block, industrial model and had to be put in a chassis.

I thought the 8100 had a Ford 2714E in them. Perhaps the Dorset 380 is another/moderner name for the the 2714E.

I suspect the 8100 also had the County heavy duty gearbox in too like the 1124, where 6th and 7th were close together unlike the Ford 5000 where 5th and 6th were close

Lovely tractor drove one 15 years back and worked its nuts off  ;)

Mmmm...missed this topic.

Forgive me for repeating some stuff weirdos....

It evolved from the the old French 6cly 7400.

The 7400 was Belgian

I think it's more of a 2WD version of the County 1124, but with a decent cab.

It was similiar to the 1164

The 8200 was the 2wd equivalent of the 1174, and 8210 was equivalent of the 1184.

Here's a forestry spec 7400 with Selene 4wd conversion

ford-7400.jpg