How To Make Round Silage Bales

Deere-est

Question

What you will need.

Black insulation tape (or whichever you prefer!)

15mm x 1m Pipe insulation.

1 Britains round bale

1 razor saw (or whatever you have which will cut through the pipe insulation.

1. Here is what the pipe insulation looks like.

2. Line up your Britains bale and cut the pipe insulation with your cutting tool to the same width.

post-227-132638939012_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638939147_thumb.jpg

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Very smart Tris  :) :)

Here is two links on the Swedish forum how to do round bales.

The first is from Ruben and the other is from Pock also member on this forum  ;)

http://ovp.forum24.se/ovp-about4798.html     (Ruben)

http://ovp.forum24.se/ovp-about4534.html    (Pock)

Pete  :) :)

Those bales are also looking great. can you translate this maybe?

Hej tack för den kommentaren här är en liten beskrivning på vertyget.

Jag har klippt till två runda mässings plåtar stora som balens diameter sen har jag borrat ett 3 mm hål i centrum och lödat dit innan mätet från en sockerbit den hade också en innerdiameter på 3mm .

Sen är axlen en 3mm pianotråd .

har borrat ett hål i den ene plåten sidan om mitten som bilden visar så man kan trä bal bandet i när man börjar linda sen skär man bort den bit balband när balen är klar.

Sen är det bara att sätta verktyget i tex skruvdragaren och snurra på balband och stryka på lim under tiden man lindar på balband jag har andvänt trälim.

Texas

Those bales are also looking great. can you translate this maybe?

Hej tack för den kommentaren här är en liten beskrivning på vertyget.

Jag har klippt till två runda mässings plåtar stora som balens diameter sen har jag borrat ett 3 mm hål i centrum och lödat dit innan mätet från en sockerbit den hade också en innerdiameter på 3mm .

Sen är axlen en 3mm pianotråd .

har borrat ett hål i den ene plåten sidan om mitten som bilden visar så man kan trä bal bandet i när man börjar linda sen skär man bort den bit balband när balen är klar.

Sen är det bara att sätta verktyget i tex skruvdragaren och snurra på balband och stryka på lim under tiden man lindar på balband jag har andvänt trälim.

Texas

Ok Bas I will do my best

He have cut two brass plates the same size like the bales.And then he has drill a 3mm hole in the middle off the plates and then take out the metal in the (sockerbit ...se pics don't know the word on English) who is also 3mm.After that he has soldering the metal part from the..sockerbit.. to the plate and put a 3mm steelwire (piano) thru the plates.Now you can fix it with the small screw on the ..sockerbits part.After that he has drill an other hole in the plate to fix the string (same that you use for real bales.)Now you can put it in the drill and add some glue for wood until it's full

I hope you understand mate  :-\ :-;):D :D :D :D

post-1581-132638939692_thumb.jpg

post-1581-132638939702_thumb.jpg

Now that is a cool method from Ruben! I've got a roll of sisal baler twine somewhere.

I can envisage some disasters if the drill is too powerful though.  ;D

I suppose if it had a screwdrive function you could turn the speed and torque right down.

Exactly what I like Murray, pull the the tape tight and it rounds the edges. Perfect :)

may sound bad Tris but a good way to warm up tape is just to put in under your armpit, seen it done loads of times....and other ways :D :D :D

Ok Bas I will do my best

He have cut two brass plates the same size like the bales.And then he has drill a 3mm hole in the middle off the plates and then take out the metal in the (sockerbit ...se pics don't know the word on English) who is also 3mm.After that he has soldering the metal part from the..sockerbit.. to the plate and put a 3mm steelwire (piano) thru the plates.Now you can fix it with the small screw on the ..sockerbits part.After that he has drill an other hole in the plate to fix the string (same that you use for real bales.)Now you can put it in the drill and add some glue for wood until it's full

I hope you understand mate  :-\ :-;):D :D :D :D

Thanks for the answer Pete. I understand waht you are meaning  :)

Texas