The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

strangly enough i have a power washer and a shed and after a little conversation with marcus the fog has lifted and i see i may become the storage for the afor mentioned cultivator

just to you at ease mark, tim owns a 590 & assorted MF implements & no fear of a ford or JD contaminating it's presence  ;D

about time you posted up the aforementioned  in the ftf member machinery topic tim  :)

He'll need to fiull in a Massey Massive membership form... and complete the assult course... and the IQ test... and be sworn in under the MF flag..

BEFORE I can kindly let him look after out culitvator for nothing  :D :D :D

not to forget the obligatory tattoo on his bit's................... i'll let you do that bit  :-\

not to forget the obligatory tattoo on his bit's................... i'll let you do that bit  :-\

do we still do that ??? I thought we voted that as unfair when I had..

"Massey Ferguson are by far the best Manufacturers of tractors, combines and other associated farming equipment in the world.. ever" writen on mine...

and on Seans 'bit' we could only fit

Ma

;D

do we still do that ??? I thought we voted that as unfair when I had..

"Massey Ferguson are by far the best Manufacturers of tractors, combines and other associated farming equipment in the world.. ever" writen on mine...

and on Seans 'bit' we could only fit

Ma

;D

& thats only when he's excited  ;D ;D

sorry back on topic

will mavis be big enough for a 39 ?

• 3 weeks later...

seems fairly risky with your hands holding the block of wood while its spliting it much prefer the hydraulic logsplitter because your in control more you can take your hand off the lever at any time would hate to see if something got caught in it  :of  thats why i wouldnt advise you letting your son hold the wood because if he holds the wood steady like the camera hes bound to have an accident  :laugh:

it's wet and I want to sell it this year.... so it's getting split nice and small...

I don't have a woodburner so I won't be using it (maybe the garden chimenea will get a few logs)...

As for dangerous... it has it's moments when it grips the log and slams it down on the table - you have to have your mind on the job and quick reactions I will say that.  But it's like anything... if used correctly it's no big deal really  :-\  - bloody sight quicker than a hydraulic splitter I'll say as well.  It doesn't like too many knarlky knotty bits mind you

i wouldnt say its all that quicker i was spliting blocks of wood 2ft in diameter in less than a minute just half it then keep turning it on the table and thats only with my own home made logspliter with an old hatchet top a piece of pillar and a hydraulic toplink and these were the pieces that the hatchet was hopping off because they were so knotty

Looks useful, but I wonder how it would cope with real knotty bit of elm.  :D

Thye say it will John... myself... I don't think it would... if there is not a nice easy split to make then it makes a real mess... I don't think I'd fancy holding on to it, put it that way...

The tips are replacable at a cost of JUST £80 each... but they require some skill to get them out and back in again I believe