Siku/UH Conversion question...

neilw

• 2 weeks later...

only way to do that is cut the uh chassis off at the back and refit the siku hitch, prob not an easy job from my memorys of the uh chassis, i guess the body work off the uh might fit, along with the rear wheels, but the siku front axels totaly different, so you would need to keep the siku wheels all round, unless you fit the uh front axel to the siku chassis

You can buy Siku hitches on their own, £2.50 from Farm Models one example, cut the UH one off and glue the Siku one on with some Roket.... [obviously not exactly that straightforward but that's the principal  ;)] Better than destroying one good model surely? Presumably you want this thing to work well, hence the UH 818 hitch is going in favour of a Siku one or have you confused me /I confused myself... ???:D In one breath you seem to want Siku body onto UH chassis and in another it's Siku hitch onto UH chassis...... :D

• 2 weeks later...

if you got patience you can strip the UH chassis of rear linkage , & buy the siku rear linkage seperately , if i remember rightly the siku part has a lug which if you drill & file right can be fitted as well as glued to the UH chassis

Easyest way is strip your 818 down, remove the rear links off that, re assemble that, Take a Siku JD 74/7530, strip that down, get a hack saw and cut the linkage off the back of that, it is part of the chassis so you will get a nice big Flat mounting plate, use the glue/cement of your chooice to sitck it on the back of the 818, put a implamnet on to set the heights before you glue it in place... Hope that helps you