brass `copper

diggerman72

Question

I don't cut all that much brass but use a 'Goscut' which I've had for years & years! It's like two anvils with a blade that cuts down the middle, basically cutting a strip about 1mm wide out. Easy to keep straight, and to a line and has narrow blades to cut curves. Not made anymore I don't think, but the odd one turns up on Ebay. Only pic I can find is here http://vads.ahds.ac.uk/diad/bres/pub/COID/241/62.jpg Priced 37/6d  ;D ;D

It isn't the diametre of the blade, it's the number of teeth. So say anyway, I have one with 52 teeth and one with 84 teeth for the one I got from Squires and neither one makes the slightest but of difference. The both cut wood/plastic fine but neither will cut this stuff.

I wonder if the military are aware their troops could survive an rpg if their vehicles were made from modelling brass?!! ::)

I don't cut all that much brass but use a 'Goscut' which I've had for years & years! It's like two anvils with a blade that cuts down the middle, basically cutting a strip about 1mm wide out. Easy to keep straight, and to a line and has narrow blades to cut curves. Not made anymore I don't think, but the odd one turns up on Ebay. Only pic I can find is here http://vads.ahds.ac.uk/diad/bres/pub/COID/241/62.jpg Priced 37/6d  ;D ;D

I don't think you'd get enough strength in your hand to cut it John. Seriously, this stuff is hard for something only 2mm thick.

I've bloody used one of them and never even gave it a thought. ..!!! Would need to tidy up afterwards but you never know.... could be more accurate. Whatever I use it will need a guide for a couple or thre cuts and then the rest is notches and clots so can be done by eye almost.

I've bloody used one of them and never even gave it a thought. ..!!! Would need to tidy up afterwards but you never know.... could be more accurate. Whatever I use it will need a guide for a couple or thre cuts and then the rest is notches and clots so can be done by eye almost.

Pm sent buddy.... I am CONVINCED this is the right thing.... orrrrrrrrrrrr... thinking aloud... find a local company with a flow jet/laser cutter ???