John Deere 4755 with Henri Walker Bonnet(finished)

This is a beautiful model (JD 3640) and I would love it in my collection, but the earlier poster is right: the 3640 never had the two-tone cab with the lower half in green. Only the first SG2 cabs (1981 to early 1982) had two-tone cabs. The 3640 wasn't launched until 1984.

Regards

R Day

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I thought I could fool you ;D I actually worked with a brochure of the 3040 model, and I assumed the 40 serie tractors were all launched at the same time. I found out after I painted the cab they weren't, and I actually quite like it like this! But it would be better to change the stickers to a 3040. ;)

I also opened the door of an SG2 cab and I just used the original grinding discs that come with the Dremel. Works pretty well if you work slowly and precisely. But once you screw up it's very hard to get it fixed again.

is that hinged so it opens/shuts or fixed then ziko?? mine working so to speak

Okay I thought I could fool you ;D I actually worked with a brochure of the 3040 model, and I assumed the 40 serie tractors were all launched at the same time. I found out after I painted the cab they weren't, and I actually quite like it like this! But it would be better to change the stickers to a 3040. ;)

Nice model Ziko but you may also notice that the 3640 also had a distinguishing black transfer band round the front of the bonnet (just like the picture shown) and not the yellow one on the 3040/3140 models ;)

Of course you could change the decal too 3140 and then the whole model becomes faultless ;D

Looking good Pete buddy, might have to send some pics of my 2140...... you could bring it 2 spalding...

Im going But Ol is staying in NZ,

Cheers Nick mate .....2140 don't think i will make it mate  :-\ ;)

Why didn't i posted here before?

I must shame myself :-[

Great work britainsfan!!

Really liking what you're doing over here :o

Finished the lights of the cab yet?

Thanks mate,well now you're here  :);)

She's start to look really mean now lads  :);)

post-1581-132639001573_thumb.jpg

post-1581-132639001652_thumb.jpg

Pete mate, this is looking every bit the chunk of iron the real one does. You have done a brilliant job of assembling the kit and then adding your own extra's and paint.

Cheers Tris mate,i will work hard with her now because i want her finished next week so i can give her the new Joskin cargo 24000  :o :o