Paints

BigX500

Question

Started building some sheds for my lads farm. What sort of paint can or should use, child friendly.

Want to paint the shed Green and the base grey, Have some spare grey oxide is that safe. P.S the sheds are being made out of MDF i will post some photos. cheers BigX500

5 answers to this question

If you source emulsions and that sort of thing from a DIY shop, most are child safe and you can get 250ml tins which is ideal for a couple of coats. Typical colours are greys, greens and browns. Thay have silly fancey names for them but just picture a barn in your mind when your looking at the colours and the right ones will soon become apparant.  :)

I know this is nothing to do with shed painting but the title said paints

Humbrol Acrylic paint is Cr4p        I have heard that they are fasing out enamel

The acrylic stuff dries out too quickly and is a nightmare to get smooth >:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

I know this is nothing to do with shed painting but the title said paints

Humbrol Acrylic paint is Cr4p        I have heard that they are fasing out enamel

The acrylic stuff dries out too quickly and is a nightmare to get smooth >:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

The last few pots of Humbrol enamel I bought from my local model shop are crap,they are so runny and thin and no where near as good as some revell paint I got recently which covers well and is thicker ???