Massey Ferguson Pocket Catalogues.

I have four of these  catalogues dated 1975/78/79/81. They have a picture of every machine made from the tractor to ploughs and all the specification for each one. They stand 7, half  inches tall by 4 wide. Just woundering does anyone else have any of these.

I have four of these  catalogues dated 1975/78/79/81. They have a picture of every machine made from the tractor to ploughs and all the specification for each one. They stand 7, half  inches tall by 4 wide. Just woundering does anyone else have any of these.

I've got a few Richie... and a few from around the world as well... they make some great reading don't they  :o

When I was a lad (in the mid to late 70's) they were my whole life.... I spent hours and hours reading them from cover to cover... my dad tells me when I was about 9 he could ask me any spec in the book and I would get 99 out of 100 correct  :o - how sad is that  :D :D

What's on the cover of the 75 one buddy ???

I've got a few Richie... and a few from around the world as well... they make some great reading don't they  :o

When I was a lad (in the mid to late 70's) they were my whole life.... I spent hours and hours reading them from cover to cover... my dad tells me when I was about 9 he could ask me any spec in the book and I would get 99 out of 100 correct  :o - how sad is that  :D :D

What's on the cover of the 75 one buddy ???

Its a picture of a 560 round baler

I have ten of these remarkable little books with dates ranging from 1964/65 up to Dec 1983, and what a mine of information they are.

If you a fortunate enough to have the price lists that came with them, then some of the facts are staggering. For example in July 1971 a MF 135 would have cost you £1314 or £1400 with Multi-Power, a MF 40 loader to fit it would have been £148.50. A 90hp MF1080 was priced at £3091 in standard spec and a MF625 combine with 16ft table would have set you back £5700.

However by June 1982 prices were climbing, a 88hp MF698 2wd would now cost you £13,800, a 115hp MF1250 artic was £21,800 and a 320hp MF4880 was a wopping £61,420. A 625 Super II combine with 16ft cut was now £28,721.

I believe Rory is correct that these books were discontinued in the mid eighties ,as I haven't seen any later ones, however I do have a very similar MF product guide [ without the detailed specs ] , that I picked up at a show a couple of years ago.

post-611-132639005469_thumb.jpg