??????Are you a fan of loaders on tractors?????.

Light Land

i was on a massey 5545 today with an mf loader(quicke) and it stuck out miles infront and was in the way most of the time  ::)and its quite bouncy at 40 k  :-\

That's interesting Rich, I don't find the 3095 with loader too bouncy at 40K, even one of my pals who's a stalwart John Deere man commented on how smooth she was for a loader tractor........ :o;)

im a fan of loaders on tractors for loader work but if the loader isnt needed id drop it off,for haulage work anyway,far too harsh on the tractor drawn slurry and a loader bouncin about on the front of her we would power harrow with a 390t quickie loader with stone graipe and 3 meter amazon on rear

i was on a massey 5545 today with an mf loader(quicke) and it stuck out miles infront and was in the way most of the time  ::) and its quite bouncy at 40 k  :-\

does it have float control on it rich?? marky showed me the difference on his with that, and it really worked,

i guess in my day on the 290 even the older 500's and earlier, the loaders were a lot thinner ,less weight lift ect, so they never really effected vision like that, now a days they all look so much thicker and over enginered i guess they have to be on 4wds to take the extra lifts that farmers want

i still stick to the fact that a loader tractor is a lot more versatile than a telehandler, loader on or not, ok not so much height lift to them, but is that why merlo now do the ones with  3 points on the back, and mcmormick are doing the same, to try and make a handler more usaeble? 

thats another silly idea putting 3 point linkage on a loader  :-\ i have seen farmers even ploughing on one cant imagine what the strain would be on a loader yes they have some torgue to play with but i just does not seem right that you can go plough with your loader :-\

Handler transmissions being torque convertors [generally, or hydrostatic in some instances] are not designed for high draft applications and ploughing with one would be a shortcut to an expensive repair bill....  they are capable of top work and I would have thought that using one for raking up and then moving bales would be a good way of putting it to use... but I struggle to see the advantage of a loader with 3pl... a tractor with a loader makes more sense to me, but then  I suppose if its primary task is loading and field work secondary then it makes sense... just in this country we don't work like that. I say all this in defence of a tractor loader, our frontline tractor doesn't have a loader and we have a new-ish Manitou for loader work... and the old Sambron... and the little 4135 with a loader...

That's interesting Rich, I don't find the 3095 with loader too bouncy at 40K, even one of my pals who's a stalwart John Deere man commented on how smooth she was for a loader tractor........ :o;)

I quite like the 3000 series as a loader tractor, despite the high nose and fairly limited visibility of the jib when the loader is raised... our neighbours had a 3065 followed by 3075 followed by 3085 on a loader and every one of them was a nice machine..... when they arrived anyway  ::) .... the 3085 particularly, great bale hauling machine, the visibility issues didn't have such an impact on that job....

I cant stand a loader on a tractor Iam using if I dont need it. Personally I think they get in the way when your trying to drive onto the road where you cant tell if cars are coming down the road. Also make for a lousy ride in the feild. Then again the seat in a JD 6410 is not all the great to beign with.  ::):D :D

Well had both a loader tractor and loader at all places iv worked as on large arable unit the telehandler couldnt be in all places at once so i could fill myself on fert spinner and foreman can load his drill with no effect to output.  But the telehandler was alot more quicker at everything and alot better for tight spaces and for the few sheds we ahd to load out of it would have taken double time on loader tractor.  But loader tractor as people have said for drawing bales

So all have benefits and disadvantages but for me being on mainly arable units can touch a telehandler for every lifting job

Handler transmissions being torque convertors [generally, or hydrostatic in some instances] are not designed for high draft applications and ploughing with one would be a shortcut to an expensive repair bill....  they are capable of top work and I would have thought that using one for raking up and then moving bales would be a good way of putting it to use... but I struggle to see the advantage of a loader with 3pl... a tractor with a loader makes more sense to me, but then  I suppose if its primary task is loading and field work secondary then it makes sense... just in this country we don't work like that. I say all this in defence of a tractor loader, our frontline tractor doesn't have a loader and we have a new-ish Manitou for loader work... and the old Sambron... and the little 4135 with a loader...

I quite like the 3000 series as a loader tractor, despite the high nose and fairly limited visibility of the jib when the loader is raised... our neighbours had a 3065 followed by 3075 followed by 3085 on a loader and every one of them was a nice machine..... when they arrived anyway  ::) .... the 3085 particularly, great bale hauling machine, the visibility issues didn't have such an impact on that job....

Ours is used a lot for bale hauling duties, it's handy to have it in the field loading the trailers (with the hitch as well it's great for moving the trailer around the field) and then the Merlo stays at home for the unloading........We usually work the second tractor on the road all the time hauling the full trailer home for unloading while I'm loading the second trailer in the field........ :) :)

does it have float control on it rich?? marky showed me the difference on his with that, and it really worked,

i guess in my day on the 290 even the older 500's and earlier, the loaders were a lot thinner ,less weight lift ect, so they never really effected vision like that, now a days they all look so much thicker and over enginered i guess they have to be on 4wds to take the extra lifts that farmers want

i still stick to the fact that a loader tractor is a lot more versatile than a telehandler, loader on or not, ok not so much height lift to them, but is that why merlo now do the ones with  3 points on the back, and mcmormick are doing the same, to try and make a handler more usaeble? 

Sounds to me like you didn't have the softride switch on..... 40k is a fair old speed on a bumpy ride without the softride turned on... If it was on then you have problems I reckon... My tractor is great at 40k - you don't even know the loader is there half the time... as for sticking out... without a fitting it's only a few inches further out than the front weights would be.. if it's in the way... lift it up... when it's up enough to see under it's the same length as the front of the bonnet I think

In regards to lifting the loader on the road, i nearly tipped my case over the other day going around a sharpish corner i went around the day before with the same tractor but no loader, i had the loader up with 2 spike bale forks on, not very heavy.... scared the crap out of me....

any pics of your farm luke, i like to see farms fron N america/canada.

I think that I might have a few. My family doesn't own it but alot of my family has worked there over the years. My Dad is the dairy manager there and I fill in mainly durring the spring-fall. I have a few shots of the equipment and one of the main barn right before it was expanded. Ill gather them up and if I get some time I will post them  ;)

In regards to lifting the loader on the road, i nearly tipped my case over the other day going around a sharpish corner i went around the day before with the same tractor but no loader, i had the loader up with 2 spike bale forks on, not very heavy.... scared the crap out of me....

I did that in a claas, Loader up into a corner, had her on 3 wheels  :D :D Wasn't laughing at the time mind  :-\

Been there done that with Soft ride on my friend's Valtra with Quicke loader (it is not on our 4610 :D :D) - unbelievable difference especially on our bad roads and also Soft Ride limits how far down you can let the loader and it will never hit the road - so I'm told ;)

Been there done that with Soft ride on my friend's Valtra with Quicke loader (it is not on our 4610 :D :D) - unbelievable difference especially on our bad roads and also Soft Ride limits how far down you can let the loader and it will never hit the road - so I'm told ;)

That's very true Colm... it won't go all the way to the floor... The only downside is if you hook it up... an leave the attachment down when you switch it on it flicks up very quickly... I nearly knocked Lumpy's teeth out at work the other day  :o:D :D

all down to drive experiance i guess, even a telehandler going round a corner with the boom up would do similar at the end of the day, you have afterall moved the center of gravity up nice and high,

I find works matbro telehandler very unstable when loading out seed,like you say Sean center of gravity and all.