Marky Woods

Lord Ferguson

They can Hang Jez... I've just pushed the posts into a suitable sizes hole in the wood for now.. I like them low as it stops them swinging when I bring them in from the garage  :D :D - I lost a pair in the dirt last night  :-[:D :D

Another bar on tyhe stile then... and another higher step then I guess  ???

Yes mate,another bar too......

Like this:

winchester44.jpg

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow your getting the hang of this!!.....and i guess its all my fault for those spud boxes a few years back! :D :D :D :D

Indeed... it is your fault... I was quite happy building cots for my daughters dolls until you came alone Holmes  >:(

They are the bees knees, Marky - you need to get a layout built and have that post and rail fencing all round, it would be something else!

Maybe another step and rail on the stile so the step form an 'X' when viewed from above... :)

Thanks John... I don't have the time, space or patience for a layout right now... but maybe sometime in the future perhaps  :-\

I can't add to this style... but I'll make a MKII model some time soon then... I understand the X bit too... I've seen that on google images I think  :-\

i reckon he should go for a small type holding, like his mate Steve, few old MF's, couple of old implements and some land ;) ;)

Possibility Ben... I like that idea  ;)

Yes mate,another bar too......

Like this:

Thanks Jez... will do mate

Thanks Stephen... much appreciated mate... I've said it before... it's just having the tools really mate... no great skill in wood... and you wanna see my reject pile  :o:D :D :-[

??? ??? ??? Oh yes you have mate,oh yes  :o :o i think you have high skill in wood marky mate  :);)

Thanks guys  :-[ - I was planning on leaving them natural really... I thought I'd let my customers decide on the stain.. especially if they already have their own fencing to match up to...

Anyway... the MKII stile (revamped MKI)....

DSC_6516r.jpg

DSC_6517r.jpg

DSC_6518r.jpg

It's a bit 'snotty' as it's only a prototype... and it's just pushed together rather than glued... would look better cleaned up and stuck down I reckon  :-\ - I'm planning on taking it to Spalding like this so you can buy it (for a small fortune  :D :D ) and mount it on your own farm  :-\

That looks alot better....more like the ones i've used

Thanks Barry... I agree it does have more 'style'  :D :D ::)

I'll get my coat  :-[

very nice marky your making some nice stuff there for you stand at spalding ;)

Thanks Graham... Barry's stall more like  ;D:D :D :D

wow Marky they are all fab you are a very talented chap. :)

Thanks Marky... not quite in your league still  :-[ - but I am enjoying all the compliments... so many thanks

Looking good Marky  ;D how long does it take to do each stile?  :)

About an hour(ish) Rhys.... this one took a little bit longer as it's my first attempt... lots of measuring... remeasuring... c0ck-ups... swearing... re-measuring... cuting... crying... throwing of wood... smoking... etc....  :D :D :D

now you have got it mate, just like the ones i have to lift the bike over when out on the moors

thanks mate... I don't think Tris would get over it.. shall I make him a small gate at the bottom  ???;D

About an hour(ish) Rhys.... this one took a little bit longer as it's my first attempt... lots of measuring... remeasuring... c0ck-ups... swearing... re-measuring... cuting... crying... throwing of wood... smoking... etc....  :D :D :D

thanks mate... I don't think Tris would get over it.. shall I make him a small gate at the bottom  ???;D

:D :D as soon as you get the measuerments and the knack of it.. your away  ;). Lots of craftsmanship for an hour  ;D

thanks Rhys... lots of swearing and smoking more like mate  :D :D :-[

how did you the mortise in the wood so small ???

lookes very well

1mm router cutter Coxy... on a pillar drill as fast as it will go

some have upright slats that you can lift for small people sorry tris  :D :Ddogs to go through, just loose ones that sit in a slot,lift from the top

Trissy slots they are called Sean  ;):D :D :D

That's great Mark, just like the one I slipped on during the frost and subsequently walked home John Wayne style. I heard Wedding Bells all the way home, not the way I ever thought I would either. It was the sound of Jingle Bells made by my Wedding Tackle!  :D :D :D

PM Incoming  ;D