MODELFARMER

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice pics ricky

every 30series JD i have seen about here has had sauter linkage, looks very well and folds up nicely ;) have you priced a sauter linkage yet?

No, haven't aparently degenhart has the best groundclearence?

we have welded a pipe onto the back of our mole plough leg and you just feed it through the pipe as you plough  ;)

worst idea in the world for stony ground, pipe gets stretched around rocks and once year with the plough you keep finding springs just around where that water pipe was put!!

no defo not a good idea, a contractor around here years ago had that setup, not good

No ploughing and sowing yet Ricky - I should really be at home rather than in work :'( :'(

was ploughing recently, brave long stints too, getting up tomorrow morning at 6am to get going again, sorry not many pics, will take more tomorrow

(worst idea in the world for stony ground, pipe gets stretched around rocks and once year with the plough you keep finding springs just around where that water pipe was put!!

no defo not a good idea, a contractor around here years ago had that setup, not good)

the pipe doesnt stretch with ours as it slides down the tube on the back so it is not dragged by the plough only placed  ;) its a good system we've been using it for yrs and no complaints  ;):)

Well silly season is officially upon us

OKAY See that hedge down there, 13acres later we'll be at it

18032009094.jpg

Pretty straight and level so far

18032009095.jpg

20032009097.jpg

these buggars are stealing all me worms  :'( :'(

20032009098.jpg

Loading up with Dandy seed

21032009101.jpg

21032009102.jpg

Okay she ONLY weighs 10540kilos (10.540tonnes) Fully loaded

21032009103.jpg

21032009104.jpg

come on argue with it a dare you!!

21032009105.jpg

sowing away just as the sun went down

21032009106.jpg

21032009107.jpg

fed fueled and ready to go tomorrow again

22032009108.jpg

thats me furrow press till i get me linkage someday

22032009109.jpg

But it is dry

it smashes the furrows up a bit we don't have a disc or another powerharrow, we want to test a roller with the leveling boards on to see what job it does

we work a roller with leveling boards before seeding, this is how it leaves it before seeding  ;)

Picture051.jpg

well we usually get lime spread on our fields, our contractor runs a front cultivator and he breakes some amount of tines when he goes down in the lime spreaders tracks so that is one reason we run that rollers to fill them in, also as pete says it leaves a better finish ;)

we do the same, the contractor that does our sewing say's it gives a better finish.

My mum always used to just use a sticky roller to get dog hairs off. ..  :-\ :D :D

I have rolled acres and acres with the 620's Murray, without levelling boards as a half measure if ground conditions wern't right.  Never with levelling boards though, having seen that pic I am quite impressed with the job they leave. The pads must bash the clods first right? Without them on the set I used just pushed the clods into the ground, even with breaker rings. Can they be raised clear to use the rollers after seeding as normal?

well Ricky the feild i was in when i took that pic she will rattle through that no bother at all, we hire it out to the contractor and he runs with the paws straight up and down on hard ground goes through it with no hassle but he is hauling it with the 6830 so maybe she makes it look easy, you will be running them on the 3050 will you so i dont know more horse the easier  :D