At Work with Ricky

MODELFARMER

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

depends mate your 6420s might cope just needed to try. it will depend on the soil and how dry it is

It's Ireland Pete, I am not sure that it gets dry there?

Good choice Ricky, I love this topic it is nice to see someone being positive about Deere.

Why not go for a front press with tines Ricky?

It's Ireland Pete, I am not sure that it gets dry there?

Good choice Ricky, I love this topic it is nice to see someone being positive about Deere.

Why not go for a front press with tines Ricky?

Ain't convinced the old man about front links yet, but next year hopefully they'll just appear someday ha ha

The problem with the shares was a bad batch. Several people on BFF were also complaining about them being too brittle compared to usual.

Ricky you might get away with the 6420S on the rollers as my next door neighbour has been doing it before albeit slowly. Another guy near us uses a TM120 so similar power.

Have you tried Nelson Alexanders for a front linkage - sale up there on Saturday again!

Ok had a fun day today, really need to be in the workshop for the show but needs must and sometimes needs must not  >:( >:(

Spent alot of the day lifting stones with the 6420s and stone fork so the big lady can drill all day tomorrow without stop hopefully

Most of our fields corners are piled high with stones over the years so ye have to kinda buckrake em ha ha

31032009144.jpg

31032009145.jpg

31032009146.jpg

We had Barley seed delivered, in ruddy bulk bags!!  seeder holds 400kg, these are 500kg  >:( typical,

anyway, thats a minor issue, from the hopper to the back of the seed drill measures 7.5feet

I don't have a telescopic so what did i do next????  ;D ;D ;D

Well a simple set of long toes would simply snap the original truck toes so

I got the MIG out

01042009148.jpg

01042009149.jpg

01042009150.jpg

01042009147.jpg

Tidy job there Ricky but could you not lift them in with the digger?

Digger would prob fall over, plus although shes had engine done up and pump is good I just wouldn't trust her half a tonne and the seeddrill with yer head between em wouldn't be nice ha ha!, I trust me weldin more with me crane and me manitou,

nice bit of work in the workshop how old is your forkie mate

Not sure buddy, I'd have to ask the old man, shes not much over 2000 hours but shes in her teenage years i'm sure, does little with us really

Video up and coming of sowing today

Decent looking seed bed,how many kg/ha of seed you drilling? no fert down with the seed in Ireland?

About 12stone to the acre not sure what it is in new money mabe about 150kg or something?- thats a guess

fet goes on after sowing but before rolling long tramlines with the 362 massey and spinner