Simon's Collection

Simon

Well, I've not had a topic of my very own yet, mostly because all my stuff is stored in boxes. Displaying anything in my house is impossible with 2 kids who love my tractors and a wife who would rather I didn't embarrass her in front of her friends ::);):D

I now have a bit of space to work on my models, I'll be setting about a layout in a barn at the farm soon enough... but I got some of my blue ones out last night and put together another Britains barn so I can at least look at a few decent coloured things....

I will try to get some reasonable photos of what I have, a lot of it stays boxed as an 'investment' but some of it I just can't help getting out, as you can see, this is mostly the blue stuff ;)

post-1414-132639048998_thumb.jpg

Some nice blues there Si, is that a stubble field rolled up in the corner?  ;D

t certainly is mate, rather cunningly, when i send my wife out to buy coir mat for the house I tell her sizes which are twice what I need.... presto, guilt free stubble ;):D :D

You can have a look at it all when we go to Spalding - well, on the way back probably, don't want to have to creep past the sleeping Mrs H to get in there ;):D :D

t certainly is mate, rather cunningly, when i send my wife out to buy coir mat for the house I tell her sizes which are twice what I need.... presto, guilt free stubble ;):D :D

You can have a look at it all when we go to Spalding - well, on the way back probably, don't want to have to creep past the sleeping Mrs H to get in there ;):D :D

Excellent, always nice to have a nose around  ;D

Cracking line up of blues you've got there Simon and they look very well with the Britains barns, looking forward to seeing a lot more :). I used to have one of those Ertl 8670's on my carpet farm many years ago, I remember re-badging it as an 8870 with Tip-Ex just to make it the most powerful tractor on the farm.  :D

Thanks Dave, most of those will be getting some serious modification when I get round to it... 8670 may become an 8870 too ;)

Not many Bob, most of them are knackered. I've got a 595 which needs a bit of tidying up, an old 6600 which had some serious hammer - it was turned into a 'scraper tractor' :-[... what started off as a 7710 and ended up a '2wd 6610' is in bits and awaiting resto, need to get a bonnet from Brian Norman at Spalding.... and a few others, there's droop snoot Deutz in good condition, most of the rest of my old ones either got knackered and binned or my mother found them in the attic and gave them to my son to play with... >:( getting them back off him is a nightmare because, even though he's only 2 1/2, he knows exactly which ones he's had.... ::):D I snaffled my MF drill away because it was mint but the little monkey's lost the weights out of it.... he very quickly noticed it was missing and keeps asking where 'his trailer' has gone :-[:D :D

It would be a dear job... I have started, I'm less interested in all the current new releases, I pick up what I like and some of the new limited editions... I will mostly be hunting out older models at Spalding though this year... And I think I'd rather find tatty unboxed ones because at least then I can tart them up and actually - dare I say it :-\ - play with them :-[:D :D

It's like those ones I found in the model shop the other week, while they were dirt cheap, they were also boxed and I can't bring myself to get them out.... I'd love to mount the Accord drill on a power harrow but it's probably sooo wrong to do that to a boxed original one of those now.... :-\

Thanks Simon, whats your views on her i need i good new spreader   ;D ;D

It's a ruddy nice spreader mate, best rear discharge model made to my mind.

However I've never seen one in the UK so it will be joined by one of my mate Barry's [Agrium designed] Wests at Spalding as they're rife round here, being made 'just up the road'...

Will probably keep an eye out for an unboxed Samson or Rolland at Spalding too to do a bit of detailing on and dirty up for a layout. Depending on how that goes and if I find a UK made machine which is pretty close then I may attempt converting the UH... failing that it will go back in its box and be stashed away somewhere ;)

If you don't mind it being a bit obscure as a brand though I can't recommend it enough, it really is lovely... I'll get a few more photos of it for you, probably next week now :)

I love that TM mate where have you bought her mate ... ::) ::):D :D :D :D

Joooooking  ;D:D;)

Nice collection Simon  ;)

I'm quite fond of it too Pete... ;) I wondered if I'd done the right thing butchering a TM as my first attempt at a conversion rather than waiting until I got better, but it has a lot of sentimental value attached to it now so I'm glad I did a proper tractor first!!! :D :D

I'll try to make this topic into a 'collection' topic soon by adding some more photos.... :-[ Good start though isn't it ;):D :D

Thanks for that Simon, been looking for a new one for a while, alwats wanted a yellow and green samson, but i got stuck with the silver and green on  :'(, so looking for a new one now  ;D, but if its not to much bother to get some pictures Simon please get some  :) Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...