NC LINKASWEEP PROBLEMS

MODELFARMER

Ok, We bought one of these in Jan, Has anyone got one and had problems with it??

If so care to share them here with me?

I'll tell you shortly what ours has been doing wrong but i want to see if anyone has encountered this also before i ring nc and tell them to lift the whole thing and refund it

Ricky

we bough ours second hand of the dealers, they used it themselves. they put a new blade on the box. But the second time we used it the hydraulic motor went, mechanic tried telling us we were changing direction to fast, which he was wrong because my we flicked the stopper over so the lever could only go forward in the tractor  :P :P 

Ok

when its out onto the ground running, it goes for a short time few secs . . .then stops

it won't drive (as if it has not enough power to turn)

it will not reverse full stop

NC Came up put on a used motor (cheeky f*c*s) it should have been a brand new one!!!

this one dont reverse either but it brushes forwards perfect, maybe something to do with the check valve ontop of motor?

You can try the valve if you want  :-\ we did, we took the whole thing apart, because it just seemed like something was jammed and stopping the oil  :-\ but no the motor was buggered  ;):-\

For us it didnt matter wether it was on the ground or up, it would go for a few secs then it knock the hyd lever off itself  :-\ ??? 

You can try the valve if you want  :-\ we did, we took the whole thing apart, because it just seemed like something was jammed and stopping the oil  :-\ but no the motor was buggered  ;):-\

For us it didnt matter wether it was on the ground or up, it would go for a few secs then it knock the hyd lever off itself  :-\ ??? 

Had it off on original motor no difference dunno about this motor though

probably best just to get a brand new motor  :-\  it sounds like the same sort of thing as us, and the new motor sorted it  ;) 

if i remember right it may have been the seals that went inside it, you could fry an egg ontop of that motor after about a minute, not surprising something gives  :-\

Just out of curiosity, are you running it back through the spool or a free return?

That's just what I was thinking John...

It should be piped directly into the back end... through a coupling with no srping in it too.. or a big bugger like my baler I reckon  :)

Ricky ???

Kind of hard to get it to run backwards though with one hose direct into the tractor rear end

Oh I see.... so it goes on to a double acting spool then does it ???  ummm.. sounds like a strange one to me that then... when you see the hole in a coupling even fully open it's easy to undrstand why the oil heats up through them  :o :o

yes i know what you mean on oil heating up i think they are kind of  thinking that it will be  used off and on and  not constantly  running  like a  hyd  motor on a  fert spreader disc or a  planters  motor running the vacuum

i run a tub grinder and the 20 ft  delivery belt is run by a hyd motor that  run off the  double acting hyd remotes on  tractor  never had any bother with that and thats under a high  rpm and high load too

It made no difference weather it into the spool or back end,

SO

dealer mechanic appeared today

He removed the check valve block on the brush (i did do this with original motor made no difference) now the current motor works 100%

So dealer is basically telling NC to f888 up and send up a brand new motor

we had a bema and a fleming linkbox, stone fork so hadn't much use for linkbox, dealer gave us the same money as a new linkbox for ours and gave us crazy good money for our bema, it was worn done really too so thats why we bought the nc,

Just this temp motor on it now and its going great but i have a modification i want to carry out, will show youwhen i'm doing it

we had a bema and a fleming linkbox, stone fork so hadn't much use for linkbox, dealer gave us the same money as a new linkbox for ours and gave us crazy good money for our bema, it was worn done really too so thats why we bought the nc,

Just this temp motor on it now and its going great but i have a modification i want to carry out, will show youwhen i'm doing it

Suppose the big hammer will be out ;D:D :D ::)