rotary parlour

farmermarshall

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You a brave man Stephen fair play its nice to see some dairy stuff going on , on here but shouldn't the cows be facing the other way  :D :D :D :D

maybe Simon i owe yopu an apology with looking at even more rotary parlours i have came acroos a few that operate from the inside where the cows stand the other way but the angle that the cow is presented to the person milking may differ  ;)

looks good lad ;)

cheers Bren

See i knew i was right apology accepted  :D :D :D :D

To be honest the only ones i've seen working have been were the cluters are in the middle and the uotside rotates round  :-[:-[ :-[

hosiers did a rotary with the clusters on the outside but it was a small parlour with around 12 cows- then gascoignes started bigger rotaries with clusters on the inside, i have also seen rotary parlours with cows standing head to tail with side release gates but do not remember who built them.

To be honest the only ones i've seen working have been were the cluters are in the middle and the uotside rotates round  :-[:-[ :-[

Around here 9 out of 10 rotarys are internal, i know we have one, worst set up ever, i have it,

Looking good stephen, your a brave man but i take my hat off to you for doing this, what are you going to use for clusters?

thanks Simon  ;) i only ever knew of this type of one and thought i,ll give it a go  :D

hosiers did a rotary with the clusters on the outside but it was a small parlour with around 12 cows- then gascoignes started bigger rotaries with clusters on the inside, i have also seen rotary parlours with cows standing head to tail with side release gates but do not remember who built them.

i,ve learned alot in the last few days about these things  :D;)

Around here 9 out of 10 rotarys are internal, i know we have one, worst set up ever, i have it,

Looking good stephen, your a brave man but i take my hat off to you for doing this, what are you going to use for clusters?

cheers Nick not going out of my way for clusters as yet as i,ve only got days to have this built the outer ring that holds the cows will be rotating for the show if all stays working..... clusters are a wee job when time is more plentiful ,should be a good way to display my cows ,well at least something will be moving  :D :D

ok going to look like a pillock  now, but not being a dairy man, if the milking stuffs in the center static, and the cows are on the turntable bit???? does that turn all the time, or just to let them all out once milked? if all the time, how come they don't get a few bits pulled of when the hoses get tight ??? ??? ???  sorry, but i have never seen a rotary parlour, just herring bone or similar ones so sort of lost on this one

ok going to look like a pillock  now, but not being a dairy man, if the milking stuffs in the center static, and the cows are on the turntable bit???? does that turn all the time, or just to let them all out once milked? if all the time, how come they don't get a few bits pulled of when the hoses get tight ??? ??? ???  sorry, but i have never seen a rotary parlour, just herring bone or similar ones so sort of lost on this one

hi Sean not that well up on it myself but all the clusters/pipes are on the outside thus rotate with the turnable heres tonights work and a sort of a half a lorry bulk tank almost done too  ;)

003-63.jpg

004-43.jpg

005-46.jpg

006-34.jpg

The platform spins constaly unless the milking people stop it, All the air and milk goes through a central rotator witch keeps them seprate some how.

It spins quite slowly, the cows learn to walk on and they back off when they get to the end of the round, it takes some training but they get use to it, slowly

Hope that helps

Looking good fm, im realy liking this set up looking smart

That Is a great parlour you have build there Stepen :o.

Are you also fit a motor under it so that it wil turn?

You have also bought a some good looking Holsteins.

Texas

thanks Texas a motor has been fitted but having a little trouble with  the speed of it and the weight of the cows,have about 210 cows to display with it  :D

hi Sean not that well up on it myself but all the clusters/pipes are on the outside thus rotate with the turnable heres tonights work and a sort of a half a lorry bulk tank almost done too  ;)

The platform spins constaly unless the milking people stop it, All the air and milk goes through a central rotator witch keeps them seprate some how.

It spins quite slowly, the cows learn to walk on and they back off when they get to the end of the round, it takes some training but they get use to it, slowly

Hope that helps

Looking good fm, im realy liking this set up looking smart

cheers guys, never heard of them like that, let alone seen one, nearest dairy one to me is a big herring bone one for lauguage farm ice cream, only one i have been in other than a small one on a farm out on the edge of dartmoor