Fed up of rubbing down....

fred

Question

How do I eliminate dust bits landing on my paintwork before it is dry?

Before I commence spaying I clean the item with thinners,allow to dry then warm the item in a small oven.Before I spray the item I air dust it using my airbrush compressor or airbrush propelant.Then immediately it goes back into the oven to dry.

Help please.....

4 answers to this question

try a old kitchen extractor fan above the spray booth mate ;) takes the paint out and the dust if you leave it running till the bits touch dry, did use it myself till i moved the shed, then stood on the extractor whilst it was down, didnt quite survive a size 12 through it :'(

deff works though

I've got a fan too, but still occasionally get dust especially with plasticard, and when using an airbrush for a while - I reckon it's static. Now I put a wet towel down on base of spray booth, which helps.  :)

When spraying my projects I spray with automotive aerosol can spray, that way any spray mist is driven off by the propellant and I hang the parts or whole item on a very thin wire hooked to a convenient part of it hold it in one hand and spray with the other and then hang it still on the wire above the AGA in the kitchen to dry for an hour or so. If the type of paint I'm using does create a dust mist then I do it outside where the natural air flow will carry it away from the item.