ROS Fiat 160-90

NewHolland2

I think the back window is fixed half open, I guess the gas struts are tired and can't keep the window fully open :) The chassis paint has all flaked off and it has left the rusty castings, just like the real thing  ;D I'm surprised the wheel rims and bonnet are not full of rust  ::)

STOP with the Fiat bashing!

They are a good tractor, pull well and give little trouble and this is coming from experience.

They might not be full of electronics, which is a good thing, less to go wrong!

im not fiat bashing im actually a fan my uncle runs a fiat 100-90 4wd and a 110-90 2wd nboth lovely tractors but i was just wondering if the back window opens and is the chassis going to be brown as ive never seen a fiat with a chassis that colour

im not fiat bashing im actually a fan my uncle runs a fiat 100-90 4wd and a 110-90 2wd nboth lovely tractors but i was just wondering if the back window opens and is the chassis going to be brown as ive never seen a fiat with a chassis that colour

110-90 2wd is pretty rare Denis - a friend had one complete with weighted wheels - was a great tractor ;)

I'm not Fiat bashing either, just replying to the questions asked and adding a little truth of their paint quality! At no point did I or anyone else to my knowledge suggest they did not pull well, were full of electronics or give lots of trouble. If you want a rust bucket then fine, that's all  ;)

Re  the fait bashing, I have been told they are like earily sames, VERY prone to a spot of cancer, Just the metal they are made from, From what i have herd (never driven a fait) You cant beat one that hasnt got rust in any way shape or form, it will win hands down :o

• 3 years later...

I have driven a few different 90 and 94 series Fiats- I reserve the comment to critisise them if I want, I mean the so called super comfort cab has a strange pedal arrangement whereby your legs are forced apart causing cramps, for tall blokes the head height is too low so you are having to peer under the headcloth to see where you are going. As for working at them I was asked by my brother in law to service his 88-94, the adjuster nut on the clutch cable was loose- I soon found out why, it is a physical imposibility to get a spanner on this to tighten it up due to the proximity of the cab mount, they screwed the cable back at each service to get the required clearance. I could go on and on but when you drive and work at the likes of the early Fords and all John Deeres its clear Fiat are rubbish unfortunately they have destroyed Ford and IH mores the pity.

Neil