Driver or No Driver??

Which do you prefer... a Driver or NO Driver in your Britains models ?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer... a Driver or NO Driver in your Britains models ?

• Driver for me please
    • NO Driver thanks

:D :D :D :D And they all take speed by the looks of it!

id say youd look like that if you were sitting in a cab as a 5yr old threw you across the lawn but i guess taking speed might help

i voted for the driver because with the siku and britains cabs can be taken off and put back on so the driver could be removed for when it being parked up

What I like about the drivers is:

a) they show the farm 'fashion' gear of the time!

B) when you play with your toys they become real people with characters (no sniggering- you all know what I mean!)

c) a diorama cannot be complete without real folk to set the scene

My Britains showjumping and stable set had loads of riders/drivers/grooms - they all had names and they were all people I knew in real life.

I couldn't agree more, better to have the drivers in the vehicles!

Ive voted yes to the drivers, to me the tractors just do not look complete without the driver, one of my Renaults even has a female driver, I think she is off the potato planter or something like that, her arm is outstrched like she is reachijng for the door to get out, been in there since I was at most 10 or eleven, see I was for equality at an early age.  ;D

Its an interesting poll this one.

Britains removed the driver years ago (before FTF) at the request of collectors by all accounts. There is potential to bring them back with FTF models if I felt it would be worthwhile.

really ? thats quite a lame excuse ,real or not .

Surely if you dont like having a driver remove him , at least you have a choice .

Those of us who do want drivers don't have that choice.

As usual it's all down to personal preference , but go through the immage archives here & look at some of the displays members have created  you'll soon see the difference between a good display & a better display.

Yes it's all well & good showing action shots of the machines & models , but ruined because of no driver ,

perfect example , this months Classic Tractor mag july 09 page 113,114 & 115

some quite amazing photography of models that at first glance thought were real,  but whats the one thing they all lack to create that last bit of realism........drivers !

i prefer drivers, particulary for dioramas, tractor working with no driver very strange ,however few models cant get a driver in ,britains case quadtrac,jd 9530t ,shame because going to use them in dioramas next, perhaps just have to have them fueling up or something