FRASERBURGH VINTAGE VEHICLE RALLY SUNDAY 7TH JUNE 2009

BC

The first Sunday in June sees the annual Fraserburgh Vintage Vehicle Rally taking place at the Leisure Centre.It is organised by James Gray of Gray and Adams the refrigerated trailer manufactures and is an extremely well organised and run show. There are usually a wide range of tractors, commercials, motor cars and motor bikes and models on display. In addition within the leisure centre there will be numerous stalls in the craft fair and one or two model stalls.

Although I have two tractors entered (The Cub and the MG crawler) I not going to be able to take them along this year because I don't want to aggravate my back in any way. Never mind I will be going along as a spectator so I might be able to catch some of the exhibits on camera. It will probably be quite nice not having the loading and unloaded etc to do for a change ;) ;)

Anyway my same two exhibits were there last year so for anyone who hasn't seen them then here they are ;) ;)

Misc030608048.jpg

Misc030608049.jpg

Well went to Fraserburgh for the rally yesterday and despite some showers on the way and one before lunchtime it turned out to be a nice bright and sunny day and pleasantly warm. Not often that happens in the costal town of Fraserburgh or the "Broch" as it is know as.

Anyway on with the photos

A Fordson major which is an import and is a straight petrol

08062009002.jpg

David Brown Cropmaster

08062009003.jpg

1952 Massey Harris 33

08062009004.jpg

1929 John Deere GP

08062009005.jpg

1929 McCormick Deering 10-20

08062009006.jpg

1938 Massey Harris Pacemaker

08062009007.jpg

International W6

08062009003-1.jpg

1948 Field Marshall Ser 2 ( Secons in Class)

08062009004-1.jpg

Perkins powered Nuffield

08062009005-1.jpg

A PINK Ferguson TEF20

08062009006-1.jpg

1957 Ferguson Yellow Belly

08062009007-1.jpg

1956 International Super BWD 6

08062009008-1.jpg

Bill

the blue crawler is a Zetor, it is the only one in the UK, I saw it at the North West Tractor Festival at Myerscough last year and it has also featured in Classic Tractor

Myerscoughtractors020.jpg

Nice pictures though, you must have spent an age uploading them to PB ??? ??? ??? ???

Edit, I have just noticed that it is a different tractor, seat is different and it is missing the decals, must be more than one in the UK then  :-[:-[ :-[:-[ :-[

A lovely set of pics, Bill - thanks for sharing!  Re: MF165 and unknown implement - is it perhaps for turnips or beet?  Some elements of it look a bit like what I've seen harvesting fodder beet.  I'm sure someone on here will know for sure.

Bill

the blue crawler is a Zetor, it is the only one in the UK, I saw it at the North West Tractor Festival at Myerscough last year and it has also featured in Classic Tractor

Myerscoughtractors020.jpg

Nice pictures though, you must have spent an age uploading them to PB ??? ??? ??? ???

Edit, I have just noticed that it is a different tractor, seat is different and it is missing the decals, must be more than one in the UK then  :-[:-[ :-[:-[ :-[

Spot on Mike it is a Zetor 1961 I recall and chap brought it from abroad so there are now two in the UK. Yes loading to PB takes a while but I was doing other stuff as it was running in the background.

Bill Bill Bill.. what a wonderful set of pictures - some really nice kit there mate, and some good photographic work too - many thanks for sharing.

The unknown implement is an MF711 Potato Harvester - I have a few brochures if you want to see one

cracking pictures bill looks like you had nice weather two , not sure but i would say 165 and potatoe harvester , nice pictures of the lowloaders and older lorrys like the seddon great to see  ;) ;)

Yes the Seddon was sold to the present owner by my friend who has the little Albion. The Seddon was used previously by a local farmer and I didn't recognise it again after its makeover. A credit to Angus Stewart who restored it since he is a builder / mason to trade. Amazing what people can do on these old classics.

Bill Bill Bill.. what a wonderful set of pictures - some really nice kit there mate, and some good photographic work too - many thanks for sharing.

The unknown implement is an MF711 Potato Harvester - I have a few brochures if you want to see one

Glad you enjoyed the photos Mark....but I'm just a point and click man so the weather conditions must have been in my favour. I'm annoyed that the International 10-20 was out of focus though >:(

You would have been in your element seeing that G reg MF135 which won two prizes.

Thanks for clarification on the implement with the  MF 65 and yes please post up the brochure on here so that we can get a better idea about the machine.