Cattle Feed Barrier Trailer.

Guest MF 550

Question

Thought about making one of these ? the floor is easy to make, a base is easy enough - an old Britain's silage trailer base,i tried an old muck spreader and chopped the back end of it as the sides were about the right height but it does not look correct.I cannot think of a way of making the sides with barriers above to  complete this project

I was lucky enough to come across a man called Colin Moore at the tractor and machinery show at SKIPTON  Auction mart 2 years ago.he is the 1st model builder i have seen who made sheep hayracks,cattle and sheep ring feeders, troughs and cattle feed barriers as well as some tractor conversions in 1/32 scale,He gave me his phone number and after numerous attempts to contact him i managed to speak -it turned out he has given up doing any models at all which is a pity,i wonder what he did with his moulds i did buy 3 of his cattle barriers for ?20 but every thing else he had brought for the two day show was sold out

Can anybody else remember this chap.

24 answers to this question

I saw him at skipton too. I have also seen him at spalding where i bought two tractor convo's from him, A ford TW30 2wd which i posted in 'my collection' last night and a yellow ford 5000. He was in Tractor and machinery magazine as well a few years ago, i might have it somewhere

They were at skipton, don't remember them being at spalding though. I thought they were too dear so i didnt buy any, i guess they were quite good though. Anyway if you want a cattle feed trailer there was one at toytrac in Nov. theres a pic on here somewhere, i'll try to find it

Keith Paice had the cattle & sheep feeding equipment at Toytrac, he's been doing them for a few years . Colin shared a table with him a couple of years ago down there but he's busy with other custom projects at present. Keith also does the best pick-up reel mods I've seen on the Britains MF 7200  combine with each tine individually wound from thin wire. Mine is due imminently. I'll dig out Keiths contact details, but I know he's very busy.

Keith Paice had the cattle & sheep feeding equipment at Toytrac, he's been doing them for a few years . Colin shared a table with him a couple of years ago down there but he's busy with other custom projects at present. Keith also does the best pick-up reel mods I've seen on the Britains MF 7200 ?combine with each tine individually wound from thin wire. Mine is due imminently. I'll dig out Keiths contact details, but I know he's very busy.

Huh, no NUmpties please, it said page couldn't be found when I first clicked on POST, so I went back & tried again, & it worked. :-\

Don't worry Nigel, we all have that problem......... just send a message to one of the moderators next time and we'll delete it for you.  :);)

Keith Paice had the cattle & sheep feeding equipment at Toytrac, he's been doing them for a few years . Colin shared a table with him a couple of years ago down there but he's busy with other custom projects at present. Keith also does the best pick-up reel mods I've seen on the Britains MF 7200 ?combine with each tine individually wound from thin wire. Mine is due imminently. I'll dig out Keiths contact details, but I know he's very busy.

i know what you mean with the reels nigle,mine took a total of 8/10  hours to make and  very sore fingers after doing 360 odd tines out of small metal wire,but well worth the effort/cost if you can get one/make one