The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will lift three mate.... BUT... they are too heavy... some of these bales go well over 500kg each... so by the time you add the weight of the squeeze you are exceeding the loaders limit of just over 2,000kg mate. I can JUST lift 3 cardboard... but only 2 fertiliser sacks... and jazz (mixed) films.

You can lift the bales straight and they simply sit there under their own weight (if you don't drive like a nob head)... if you pick up one bale then the plates of the squeeze stick above it by about 50cm.. which fouls on te roof of the lorry (if you are placing a single bale on top of two bales to make your stack of 3)... hope that makes sense... what I mean is.. you have to drop one on the floor of the truck.. and then put your two on top to make the stack (of 3) ? .. with two bales in the squeeze you can have about 50cm of the top bale poking up and over the top.. so you can put them on without fouling the roof of the truck

Nice to see a lorry loaded up and on its way out, Mark. All the kit earning it's money and doing its job.  :) :)

second that mate , a fair time ago you actually came up with this hairbrained idea , & an excuse to by a tractor , fair play to you mate it's all working out now  :)

thanks for those kind words chaps.. to be honest.. it's still not really a 'sustainable business' on the waste side of things really... it only 'works' as it's integrated with the produce business, which is a shame really as I'd like to 'retire' and take this on as my only day job.

Other aspects of the tractor job all add to the pot mind you.. topsoil being a nice little earner I must say. As is the harvest work of course.

They do buddy.... I usually collect compost from the same site.. so it will simply be a case of weigh in... tip... back on the weighbridge and then back to get loaded with compost... back on to the weighbridge to get out.

I hope that the McCauley dumper is doing well for you you need some McCauley paint now for them hooks. can you still run HATTIE on red went you carting 'general waste' are they sore on you over there as they are here with us top marks but for that net look the part  ;D ;D

So long as it's my own waste I think I'm covered Robert... I do indeed need some McCauley paint though... red oxide is not a good look really  :-[  as for the dumper itself... I am WELL pleased with it mate thanks - it tows a treat and, to date, I have had no issues with it.. and it does spend a lot of it's time fully loaded too  :of

And thanks Tris... I am well chuffed with the net I must say.... I met the company (nets4you) at the recent Commercial Vehicle show at the NEC Birmingham - they do a huge range of stuff like that which all looks to be top quality.

hello Robert.... baling is good mate thanks.. we are fortunate to be quite busy at the moment mate.... could always do with more mind you  :-[:D :D

No new kit lately mate I am sorry to say... I've been grasscutting on Hattie for most of this week which has made a nice change I must say.

How about you buddy ???

Kissed goodbye to another load of cardboard bales today ... 66 went totalling 21,040kg (too dry... we need sme rain  :'( ) ...

66e5f8d4.jpg

We still have 30 or so in stock, but the price is droppng sadly... so I'm going to sit on the next lot for a while I think.

Todays lot went at £110 per tonne... although I paid the haulage at that

Kissed goodbye to another load of cardboard bales today ... 66 went totalling 21,040kg (too dry... we need sme rain  :'( ) ...

We still have 30 or so in stock, but the price is droppng sadly... so I'm going to sit on the next lot for a while I think.

Todays lot went at £110 per tonne... although I paid the haulage at that

does the waste have peak & trough times then mark or is it fairly steady most of the time ?

as for the rain  ;D  do the people buying it factor in a percentage if cardboard it wet?

a waste recycler used to take all our baled waste from  the mill i run from , but it's just skipped now as the disposal rate is too high . silly really , we could take the bales there by forklift as the yard is only 200meters down the road  ::)

It's got it's peaks and troughs like any commodity I guess mate.. it's been for £30 per tonne to £130 per tonne since I've been doing it in 3 years or so... but I guess it averages about £80.. which makes it viable really.

Nothing taken off a wet load mate... a lot of recyclers 'hydrate' their stock under the smoke screen of 'dust suppression'  :of:D :D :D

Lord ferguson has now been jailed for 5 years for watering cardboard all his fleet off masseys will be auctioned off i have my eye on HATTIE :)  ha ha!

ive seen people that have took old cars to scrap and poured concret into them so they weigh more  :-[:-X

• 2 weeks later...

I had to bag up a few bags of topsoil as a rush job for the local building supplier today... so I took the lovely Mrs F and the kids with me... My lad (Wes) took some pictures which I thought I share of the 'heath robinson' bagger we made.. they say a picture says 1000 words so here goes...

DSC_1971.jpg

DSC_1972.jpg

DSC_1973.jpg

DSC_1974.jpg

DSC_1975.jpg

I reckon that should explain the process well