SCOTTISH NATIONAL TRACTOR SHOW 26 / 27 SEPTEMBER 2009 AT LANARK MART

BC

There certainly was a large JD combine on display and it certainly wansn't an ERTL or Britains one so I think I agree with Iain.

I have an overhead shot of the G&M stall but whether we will be able to pick the combine out is another matter ;) ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice photos , love the 40 years of leyland, espeshily those brays  ;)

Graham Hill of Alyth was organising this part of the show and the aim was to get 40 Leylands there but I think his partner said there was something like 37 but I will know for sure by tomorrow since I photographed each one on the stand. Graham took down 11 Leylands of his own and next Sunday he is holding his annual working day at Newtown Of Airlie and no doubt a Bray or two may be working. Weather permitting I'll be going along to get some action shots.

There certainly was a large JD combine on display and it certainly wansn'#t and ERTL or Britains one so I think I agree with Iain.

I have an overhead shot of the G&M stall but whether we will be able to pick the combine out is another matter ;) ;)

they have it on ebay and their site but am confused as it was reported as delayed until november on the siku site...but if they physically have it, I may have to make a purchase.

thanks for the reply fellas :)

::) great pictures mates, whish i could be there :o

Well so do I Erik unfortunately the Guest House let us down >:(

There were around 80 trucks to be there today but hopefully Iain on here aka Toolbox Tam will get some shots for us ;) ;)

Well that's me from the 2009 show at Lanark. There were no programs so I will try and add narratives later on today. Still a bit tired after the return journey after being let down by the Guest House but never mind I think I'll grab a few more hours sleep before I get going on whats it today cutting hedges me thinks

Hopefulyy ToolBox Tam will manage to get some lorry photographs for us today ;D ;D

Nice to meet up with you today Bill.  To be honest, I must say I was a little disappointed all-in-all and only stayed for only about an hour and a half.  Nothing much new with many of the same machines year after year.  The indoor tractor display is absolutely hopeless, not least for getting photographs.  I remember the first year I went (2007) and it was that busy that overspill parking was in a rough field down the road - nothing like that last year or this.  Think this show really needs a revamp.

Yes I have to agree James somethings need changing. Let us hope the new event organiser Rab Beeton from Lockerbie ( Queensferry Classic Spares ) will do that.