INTERNATIONAL 784

hi brian that is a real nice model i have a lot of these ih tractors on my farm. i use a 785 four wheel drive to pull the krone round baler a 785 two wheel drive to pull a kvernaland wrapper also have a 485 and a 895 with loader to stack bales again your tractor is top doller as with all your work

Brian that is just outstanding!!!  8)  8)  8)

I have a 784 but not in as good a condition as yours.

Used to draw silage years back with her using 7 ton kane and 4 ton fraser.

Really brings me back to the good old days.

Great pulling tractor!

international on the taarup double chop this time,probably a lot easier to drive than the jf...i need noel here to sort out the grass but im not really into diaramas so have to make do

post-1779-13263912816_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639128462_thumb.jpg

i like mini diaramas,stuff i change around a lot,ive a model room and still running out of space..on the international subject my neighbour who was a round baling contractor had a 784 with opico turbo,made her a real train.that tractor suffered serious abuse with many rough operators but stood up to it well and after 10 years they removed the turbo and rebuilt the engine and still use her today around the yard.the opico turbo didnt work well on mf 590s from what i remember,cooling problems arose on heavy work but comparing the tractors i always remember the 784 could never come close to the mf for ploughing and were a little too high geared for rotavating(sometimes having to do the field twice with the ih) but half the farms i worked on had ih and the other half mf so i used to always be comparing them.mfs back end was a lot more beefed up than the intey too but i kept my own 784 for 5 years and they werent a bad tractor

couldnt beat the intey lads! i mind granda always speakin of a massey demonstration that took place on a hill in ballymartin (not far from BOR's), the m35x was only out and harry ferguson was showing her, had a two fur plough on the back. the 35 made it half way up the hill and was beat, started to spin, so the plough was hooked off where it sat, in came the intey275 and away on she went with the plough :o8) 8)

i think your dates have to be wrong there intey..the 35,s were made from 1958 to 1964.ferguson sold his company in 1957 and certainly wouldnt have been doing mf demos after he left.the 35x was serial number 302413 came out in december 1962.. also sadly the great man passed away on oct 25th 1960 and his three years after selling his company were spent setting up ferguson research (project 99 for formula 1 competition).....it is possible however that a ih demo involving a 250 was there.they were a new model release in 1956,so the b275 would have been around 2.......i know the b414 came out in 1961

i think your dates have to be wrong there intey..the 35,s were made from 1958 to 1964.ferguson sold his company in 1957 and certainly wouldnt have been doing mf demos after he left.the 35x was serial number 302413 came out in december 1962.. also sadly the great man passed away on oct 25th 1960 and his three years after selling his company were spent setting up ferguson research (project 99 for formula 1 competition).....it is possible however that a ih demo involving a 250 was there.they were a new model release in 1956,so the b275 would have been around 2.......i know the b414 came out in 1961

i honestly couldnt tell ya, thats the story i have heard manys a time but it could may well be mixed up badly...

• 3 weeks later...