help with concrete

CJ

Question

right i want to know how to best replicate a concrete yard i remebr there was a spray paint some used and then the poly filler what would be best to cover a 8x4 board  ??? thanks

and whats best to use for barley stubble ???

25 answers to this question

barley stubbles easy, coir door matting, not cheap, but comes in various heights,look in ash tree famr topic of last yeats harvest comp pictures at my stuff to see,aint cheap as i said think i paid 19 quid for the short 13mm stuff and about 35 for the 40 mm that i use for uncut stuff, both were 1m wide x 2m long due to my filed size, both bought of ebay ,b&q did use to do a 1.5 m x .75 mat of the same stuff for 19 quid

for my yard concrete finishes i use a med grade mixed with fine grade grey gravel material for model rail stuff,pva glue all over sprinkle on, and i rolled it with a old kitchen pastty roller to leve it out, just remember to seal it once its dryed to the board with a pva/water mix

Jez used the plasikote spray effect, looked good, Tris used polyfilla then painted grey with mud rubbed in. 8x4 board tho it may take some time and weigh a bit? :-\ :-\

Oh dear Ben!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

The trouble with the stone effect spray and the scatter you can buy in bags is. . .. It's stone effect and not concrete. Polyfilla on a board of that size may carry the risk of cracking up with movement. Unless... you got really keen and did what I would do and shutter it into sections and did it exactly as a real yard would be done. Second to that, self leveling screen has been mentioned, I think Simon (Ham) mentioned it but I am unsure if he ever tried it. What he said sounded very interesting though.

Would depend on the yard I guess, if it was modern then it would be pretty flat. Rub a little grime into it for colouring etc. Infact I think Simon said you can add paint to it so it somes out a darker or lighter colour. You'd still have to do it in sections to be able to do it well; but then every yard is done in sections to allow for expansion.....

You can get grey sandpaper  ;)  :D

You are right though, this would still need painting to the correct shade. It could peel over time though.  :-\

You could try textured paint though CJ, brush applied not aerosol though.

i would love to do it all with polyfilla but as this will be moved about i would be worried about it cracking, the textured paint sounds a good alternative i assume it can be got in homebase b&q ect  ???

I tried that method and although harder wearing than Poly, I wasn't too impressed. Do you have a photo of it done, I'd be interested to see it. I binned mine.

i have done i a few times now and it works a treat, the lines left in it looks as if its been tampered ;)