at work with massey man

massey man

i work on a large estate beside dundonald east belfast county down as tractor driver/farm worker,there are 800 acres at dundonald and two herds of cows 170 spring calving holstien friesian and 240 autumn calving holstien friesians with around 250 replacements,6 of us work on the dundonald farm plus 3 relief milkers,all the farm is down to grass apart from 40 acres of wholecrop wheat.contractors cut the silage,sow and cut the wholecrop and do some slurry in early spring.

sowing feetiliser on paddocks with the 6480 dyna6 and tulip centerliner sower001-30.jpg

002-28.jpg

003-27.jpg

topping paddocks at the low farm with mconell topper004-25.jpg

005-21.jpg

006-19.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see what another of the members gets up to for a living. Do you get involved with the cattle much or do you stick to the mechanised work? Nice rolling countryside here. Great topper too  ;)8)

(Don't forget the 6 pics per post  ;))

Nice to see what another of the members gets up to for a living. Do you get involved with the cattle much or do you stick to the mechanised work? Nice rolling countryside here. Great topper too  ;)8)

(Don't forget the 6 pictures per post  ;))

do a fair bit of milking tris and work away with the cattle when the tractor works slack,just really do whatever needs doing.i put over 1000 hours on the 6480 a year which isnt bad for just dairy farming no contract work

do a fair bit of milking tris and work away with the cattle when the tractor works slack,just really do whatever needs doing.i put over 1000 hours on the 6480 a year which isnt bad for just dairy farming no contract work

That's nice that it's got the variety. I don't envy milking men for the starts but one thing I miss being self employed is the beef cattle work I used to get involved with on the farm I worked on. :(

That's nice that it's got the variety. I don't envy milking men for the starts but one thing I miss being self employed is the beef cattle work I used to get involved with on the farm I worked on. :(

its not easy going out on a saturday night geting home at half two and going to work at half 5 tris  :D id rather work half the night than get up early ;)