NEW MASSEY FERGUSON 7490

ive been at this since christmas,terrible amount of work in the bonnet,30 hours work involved in making this.i dont know what people are expecting from britains later in the year but i can tell    you that the smaller mf series(6445-6480 and 7465-7480) have a bonnet similiar to the 5480 but when you go into the big range(6485-6499 and 7485-7495) have the complex bonnet,it narrows in towards the cab to allow the steering to come round properly and along the bottom it rises up to allow for the suspension so this is the difficult bonnet.these two pics show the smaller model and the bigger model and the difference in the bonnet.i hand carved the shapes in the bonnet to get the bigger version

post-1779-132639138759_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639138766_thumb.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the britains forthcoming version of the 7465 only allows for convos of the smaller models,the reason that noone has this bonnet out before is because of the tedious work involved,i spent 10hours on a prototype and fired it in the bin to start this...note the proper flared mudguards

post-1779-132639139182_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639139197_thumb.jpg

Well yes i can understand that and i like the front of your bonnet around the linkage i'd say thats as dam close as you'll get....    Only took me about 3/4 hour to do mine but then mine doesn't sit around the linkage like yours does  ;) ;)

yes i am..tractor convos are not my main line and im not trying to be in competion with anyone,if i want a tractor i build it,then if someone wants one ill do it,fair and square but my main interest is scratchbuilt implements..complex and awkward builds i love,a challenge is good...i would build any bonnet however if the money was right

ill look into it mark,the pictures in my mf 64/74 brochure shows it grey but if im wrong i can change it quite  simply...ive always a new mf project on the go and ive my next tractor planned already,may be near christmas before its on forum but sure at least its on the way,this project has been on the go since last christmas and only getting it finished now,to be fair the tractors been sittin here the past 4 weeks awaitin decals that me and mr walker have designed and these details take a bit of perfecting